Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More journal fun..........................


























Here are some pics of some art I've created in my 8 x 8 journal. This spread ended up being the center of the journal where the waxed-linen threads show. I decided to make a couple of folds with extra watercolor paper and add some collaged papers and favorite stamped quotes inside them to tuck them into the threads. It makes for a fun "pop op".


Hope you and yours are all well and keeping safe.

Good thoughts for all of you!
PS I have just 4 more posts to go and then I'm planning on a giveaway to celebrate my 500th post!

Love much - Marilyn xxoo

25 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is so wonderful, Marilyn! I love the little pop ups and your artwork is fabulous! Gorgeous work - cheers!

Peggy Beck said...

I love this little girl Marilyn. She looks spunky and just a little shy at the same time. I also love the hidden quotes and what they are saying. Wonderful, or as my grandmother would say "It's just Grand."

Diane said...

Love this Marilyn! Your work always makes me feel happy. That little girl is adorable! Happy Wednesday! xoxo Diane

Diane J. Evans said...

You've used one of my favorite quotes about art and creativity -- this is great inspiration about trying new things and embracing the mistakes. Lovely!

Diane

Diane said...

Great pages--love the girls--they're addictive aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Wow, 500!!!!!!! Great folded additions to your page, secrets revealed. xox Corrine

Yvonne said...

OMG, you have been motoring with these pages, Marilyn! I LOVE them.

Buffy said...

So adorable Marilyn,love the girls clothes and the fun pop outs.

Kim said...

This is fab Maz... trying to be poetic

Terri Kahrs said...

Fabulous page, Marilyn! This little girl is so colorful and lovely. Your work always inspires me! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

Wildflowerhouse said...

Love your journal and love the size too. The pop-ups are a great idea. Do you make your own journals?

Joy Logan said...

thanks again for taking the time to visit my blog. I am not as creative lately but you always find a way to make me feel special Marilyn. Love ya!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Marilyn,

These hidden pop-up quotes are simply perfect. You seem to be having a lot of fun in this journal. I love it and of course the wonderful colors, too.

Createology said...

I feel like a broken record because I think and say the very same things every time I see your journal pages. I love them! How clever of you to tuck in those little sayings in the threads. You make me want to create some she art journal pages. Marvelous May to you my dear...

sharon said...

The pop ups add great dimension, and your she art is better and better, each one is so gorgeous...I love them to pieces Marilyn!

Gaby Bee said...

You choose color so well and compose all of the elements to perfection!
Gorgeous work, Marilyn!

Have a wonderful art filled day!

Hugs, Gaby

Healing Woman said...

So far this is my favorite one Marilyn. I love these little girls-all colorful and paper doll like. Whenever I see one of them on my blogroll I immeiately click because I know you will not disappoint me. The pop out cards really add a lot..sentiment is so true.

johanna said...

the idea with the folds is just gorgeous!! must keep that in mind and borrow...

Jane Davies said...

LOVE those little pages inside the pages! And your color sense of fabulous, as usual.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Marilyn
Inspirational and I love the pop ups.
Wishes
Lynn e
(thank you for your lovely comment on my fabric collage - I am still on Cloud 9 LOL)

Martina said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!

Carol Q said...

more gorgeousness Marilyn. lovely colour combinations too.

~*~Patty S said...

Hello Dear M ~ Love how you used your threads for a pop op...a sweet interactive surprise for your lovely pages!
Lots for me to catch up with all of your creativity!
Happy May!
oxo

Jill Zaheer said...

Great artwork. Just love this one- always so powerful with fun filled energy!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

somehow I missed these amazing pieces when visiting the other day! LOVE!!!! they are so fun and expressive!