Monday, May 16, 2011

Student Works































































































































































These are pictures of students' works from the Bodacious Bottoms workshop that Kerri and I held Sunday of this past weekend. The samples, here, are the Claybord pieces. Each student had a 6 x 6 piece of Claybord to work on. I just love what they did!

We began by sketching a grid into the Claybord with pencil and then scratching into areas with dental tools, screws, nails, Xacto knives, household things that can be used for texture - really a therapeutic process! We followed through with soft pastel application using Gesso and/or fluid matte medium to blend, then a layer of oil pastels, pan pastels for shadowing, stencils with molding paste, etc. We added some detail lines with Pitt pens, poster paints, etc.

After the Claybord project, I shared a background technique using deli paper.

Kerri shared two wonderful techniques using wooden fence posts to create a garden ornament and also a wonderful collage with a foam core base. I hope to get pictures of these over time to share here.

Did everyone have a good weekend? I hope so. How's your weather? We are now in a very rainy and cool period here again.

Have a great week ahead everyone!

Sunshine thoughts for all.............................Marilyn xxoo

18 comments:

Buffy said...

Everyones work looks beautiful and sounds like you did alot.Thanks for sharing.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Amazing the effects on clayboard.
Fabulous pieces of artwork. Thanks for sharing with us.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Marilyn, these are just fantastic, people are so amazingly creative! Must be the teacher's spirits infusing the room. xox corrine

sharon said...

I love seeing all the different variations and interpretations!
Great work!
Rainy and cool here too, lets hope for some sun!

Lisa said...

oh so fun. I wish I had been around this weekend to try! Next time...

Cathy Bueti said...

Beautiful!! These are all great! Must have been quite fun!! Thanks for sharing these with us! :)

Diane said...

Okay, now YOU have me spending my money--I have to try Clayboard--I Love these effects--your students did well!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These all turned out fabulous. I know, as a teacher, you were probably quite pleased. Good students reflect well on the teacher. Enjoyed reading about the process, too.

Stay dry this week. Looks like our little bit of rain on either Wednesday or Thursday (can't remember which day) has now found its way to your neck of the woods. It's dry here, and the sun is finally out today, after three days of clouds and gloom. BTW, I like your new blog banner.

Silje said...

Great artwork - so fun to see all the different pieces! Creative people and teacher ; )

fran pascazio said...

I just cannot believe I was unable to take this class....what a bummer...everyone's pieces look terrific....

Diane J. Evans said...

You must be great teachers -- these are fabulous!

Diane

Createology said...

Great pieces of art from your students. Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Bodacious! Happy week to you...

Martha Lever said...

Beautiful work from your students. That shows a good teacher!

~*~Patty S said...

So colorful and lovely...thanks for sharing your students creativity M!

Sounds like the same weather in lots of places...wet here too and so very green and lush!

Happy May!
oxo

Barb said...

What great art, such wonderful colors and patterns!
Happy rest of the week.
Barb

Martha Lever said...

Thank YOU Marilyn!

Sanja said...

These are amazing,Marilyn. Thanks for sharing.

Have a nice day my friend
Sanja xox

Kathy said...

The best part is how much fun this was to do.

It's always sunny in the studio!