Thursday, June 9, 2011

And...............I'm back! (I think) :)


























This is my first post using my new computer and the new photo-editing program. I've got lots to learn but it's been a fun exploration. Photoshop Elements 9 certainly has lots to offer and I have a feeling it will take me a very long time to know the whole program. But; as long as I can do the basics, for now, I'll be happy.

These are photos of two pages in my most recent journal. I'm becoming much, more comfortable combining watercolor into my art. The "peace" page in the upper-right-hand corner, is a sample of my color drop flowers with the help of Martha Lever's online workshop. You'll see lots of hearts in different forms, with these pages, as I go, and this falls in line with Christy Tomlinson's 3HeartsJournal workshop.

Again; it pretty much is just me having fun playing and doing what I want with my journal. I'm beginning to understand that more - the art of playing! I'll have more on this in a future post.

We are in the HHH's here now with record highs and humidity levels. We are supposed to get some storms, later, to bring on a much welcome cool front! I just cannot believe the weather and Mother Nature's wrath all across the world really. And; the Arizona fires! Just awful! My heart goes out to all who are effected.

It's good to be back although Blogger is still a little fickle. I'm having trouble commenting on a few blogs here and there. Anyone else still having some Blogger woes?

All be safe and hope you're having a good week.

Love - Marilyn xxoo

16 comments:

Buffy said...

Beautiful pages,love the flowers. Glad you're having fun with your new computer and classes. I'm not taking either one of them,just not a good time for me but they both looked like fun. I'm still having trouble with leaving comments on some blogs too.

roc said...

beautiful journal pages marilyn! so happy to hear you are enjoying your days doing what you want to do! i miss you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's good to see you back, Marilyn. These two latest spreads are awesome. Really enjoyed reading about the flowers, too. That must be one super class you are taking.

And yes, I'm still having Blogger woes. I still can't post to anyone with an embedded comment box. I would love to have that problem resolved. You, my dear, are not alone.

Yvonne said...

Welcome back, Marilyn!

Seems like your new program is working just fine. Gorgeous pieces :)

Janet Ghio said...

I really like your pages. Glad your new computer is working out!

Rebecca Anthony said...

I really love the look of these pages! Happy summer(O:

Anonymous said...

You sound so happy! Glad you are back, wonderful work. xox Corrine

Patti Sandham said...

Welcome back!

Love seeing your journal pages.

I got a new printer/scanner and it always takes a while to learn your way around with new computer equipment. You will be rocketing along in no time.

Cheers

Lynne Moncrieff said...

It's a great day when you post art, I just wish it were more often - okay, I know, I am being selfish!!!
A fabulous burst of colours and those flowers are spectacular.
Hope we don't have too long a wait until your next post.
Have a great weekend.
Wishes
Lynne

sharon said...

It is always great to hear from you and see your creations Marilyn! Thise flowers are incredible, as well as the new pages!
Stay out of the heat and keep creating!

Createology said...

Playing is what life should be about...having fun not matter what the task or chore or creative venture. Being more childlike is my mantra. Love your journal pages...especially the hearts. Your color drop flowers are fabulous. Yes, Blogger is still fickle and troublesome but not always. Happy weekend and some cooler temps for you. We are finally having 3 glorious days of sunshine and perfect weather. Yay...

~*~Patty S said...

Happy and Peace...perfect words and perfectly lovely pages...playing is the best release isn't it

we got PS 9 and I still use PS 5...this old dog takes her time learning new tricks sometimes LOL

glad you're back ... we had "feels like" temps of 106 in VA today UGH!
HHH is not my fav at all
Stay Cool Jewel!
oxo

Jacky said...

Nice to have your new computer up and running...I dont have photoshop on mine, make do with the microsoft picture package...I would love to try photoshop though.

Beautiful journal pages!

Jacky xox

Kimber said...

Yay! Welcome back.
Love your journal pages. Great colors.

Alexandra said...

More fantastic pages ;)

managetransfers Debt Settlement Live Transfers said...

Sirf Yeh Poochne Ke Liye Aaya Hoo Mein, Ke Kyun Har Raat Tanhai Mein Mera Dil Rota Ha, desh bhakti songbhakti song in hindiYa Khuda Maaf Karna Tere Iss Gunehegaar Bande Ko, Joh Tumhari Chamatkaar Mein Dakhil Hota Hai, Agar Mangta Hai Tho Uss Sai Se Mang, Jo Jubaa Pe Aane Se Pehle Dil Ki Duva Janta Hai. Jai Shree Sainath Shirdi Sai Baba Shayari , Ganga Bhakti Songs Jisse Koi Nahi Janta Usse Rab Janta Hai, Raaz Ko Raaz Naa Rehne Do, Woe Sab Janta Hai