

I've been slowly transferring some pictures and files over to my new computer. It's kind of cool, to do, can weed out what I no longer want to keep and flip over the ones that I know will be useful.
These journal pages reflect a couple of photos I took at a cemetery in our area about three years ago. I love cemetery angels and some of the statues are just amazing! I took a group out to the cemetery and we did headstone rubbings - fun and we all enjoyed the field trip. So; seeing these images in my old computer file, brought back the memory of that fun day.
I'm wishing you all a safe and happy weekend ahead.
Love much..........................Marilyn xxoo
19 comments:
Hard to believe that you can make "fun" out of transferring pictures from one computer to another. To me, it is drudgery! Your journal pages turned out great. What fun to do headstone rubbings. It's amazing how beautiful they turn out.
Those angels are beautiful and so are your pages!
Marilyn
your pages as always are fantastic! I also love the colors and textures you can create! this will be one gorgeous journal. Hope you have had some of these cooler temps out your way...it has been a nice week here! have a wonderful weekend!
Wonderful journal pages--old and new (love the ones from your post underneath)
Love these journal pages with the pictures from the cemetery.....You're right, it's amazing the beautiful statuary that you find in a cemetery and you have used your pictures beautifully.....
Have a great creative day.....
More gorgeous pages, Marilyn. Looks like two lovely spreads also full of fun, such as the cardboard heart nad bit of paper doily (first photo). Both angels are gorgeous and I would like to be able to do some gravestone rubbings, but I suspect that wouldn't be allowed around here. These private cemeteries are pretty rigid.
There is a serenity to these pages.
You brought back memories from when my friend and I took an outing to the Necorpolis in Glasgow, which is famous. It is from the Victorian era when many notable people were buried there. I wonder where my photographs are?
Wishes
Lynne
These are remarkable Marilyn!
Those pages looks really great, dear Marilyn!
I wish you a nice weekend!
i just love the work you are creating at the moment Marilyn, such gorgeous colour and texture.
Still loving you art and blog.
Just beautiful Marilyn, love them.
Hugs Laura. xoxx Your an angel ..
I have been really enjoying your journal pages. It really looks like you are having fun. Some of my favorite photos of mine are several from the Glasgow Botanical Gardens, these gorgeous old statues of women. So I know what you mean about the cemeteries. I am taking my second encaustic painting workshop this today and tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. LOVE that medium.
hugs, Sharon
There is something so special and reflective about old cemeteries. Your pages are a wonderful way to see your memories. Happy Summer Weekend...
I adore stone angels too...what special ones you have captured there M in your beautiful journal pages!
Happy rest of the weekend!
oxo
Oh Marilyn, These are so wonderful! I LOVE cemetary art!
Hi Marilyn,
Luv these journal pages, I too am intrigued with the beauty of cemetery angels.
Thanks for your recent visit to my blog.
Barb
Beautiful angel pages! I live near two old cemeteries (Wittgenstein is buried in one of them) and I love to spend time there, reading the headstones and enjoying the peace.
Jo samne hai use log bura kehte hain,Jisko dekha nahi use sab bhagwan kehte Ganga Bhakti Songs hain. god shayari Kya baat kare is duniya ki, Ganga Bhakti Har shaks ke apne afsaane hain.These simple words of May God bless you really are so magical and so much powerful. So enjoy these messages and share and spread them around your family, Bhakti Songs In Hindi Here are one hundred different may God bless you messages for you to enjoy.May you find the strength to overcome all of your fears and all of your tensions. I hope you find success in each and every step that you take my dear one.
Post a Comment