Sunday, June 26, 2011

Journalmania......:)


























I think this is an appropriate title for all of my journal art. Lately; I'm all over the place combining learned techniques - fitting them into my own style and enjoyment. It's a blast!

I'm kicking into the silhouette mode, now, and you will see more of this in my future journal pages.

Hoping you are enjoying your weekend and your weather is cooperating. I am hopeful that today will bring us some sunshine. Lately, it's been a very rainy and dark period. I always feel kind of uncomfortable when I complain about not having sun, or it's been raining too long; North Dakota is now the latest with the terrible flooding issues! My prayers and positive thoughts are with all there.

Sunshine thoughts for all and we have another week coming up. I wish you all a safe and happy one!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

25 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
Our weather is terrible, so dark yet it is only lunchtime but as you say, when comparing to places with devastation there is little to complain about.
More incredible journal pages. This is an area that fascinates me even though I've not tried it myself. It looks such a freeing experience. The fact you are having a blast actually is communicated in your pages. Isn't that what art should always be about ... having a blast?!
Here is to many creative blasts this coming week :)
Wishes
Lynne

Lynne Moncrieff said...

LOL
You got it in one
"My Life in Paris in the 1920s"
Pretentious, most definitely LOL.
Lynne x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

We are having two days of sunny weather so we are told, today being one of them. Hoping your weather brightens up soon too.

The colours and textures here are really fantastic. Amazing . Wish I lived nearer.

Miek said...

These beautiful pages. I like very much what you did with the hearts!
Great colors too!
Nice and sunny day Miek

Janet Ghio said...

I really like your silhouette pages and the colors are so nice.

Terri Kahrs said...

Marilyn, I truly enjoy seeing you try new creative wings, and you're definitely soaring high with these gorgeous spreads! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Diane said...

Your journal pages are in a class of their own...they are soooo gorgeous! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! xoxo Diane

johanna said...

i totally understand your "mania" and i´m happy you are sharing it with us... such a joy to see these colorful pages!

Martha Lever said...

Hi! I love these journal pages. The colors are wonderful and layout too. I wish you could send the rain down here to FL. Everything is parched and even burning in some parts of the state. We have been choked with the smoke somedays. The conditions here in the US are quite terrible in some parts aren't they. Yes, sending the flood victims prayers.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in love with those silhouettes. They are something I have only tried once and they were a miserable failure. Yours are great and really appropriate for these journal pages.

Our weather has been wonderful here, but there is rain forecast for this coming week. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Nan said...

Hi Marilyn....I love the look of your latest journal pages. I know what you mean by always trying new things and having an ever changing style. There are so many wonderful techniques out there to learn.

Unknown said...

Came by today and love your creative pages. I feel the same way about adding in different techniques and what appeals to me. What a fun journey to learn and create art! Wonderful enjoyment.. Thanks for sharing it!!!

Have a great day too.

Deborah said...

Adore your silhoutte pages. Marilyn. Hope the sun is with you today. It's 81 degrees F as I type this - very hot for England!

Anonymous said...

Your journal pages are kicking it! Wowza, am I loving your fun, you have really let loose and the colors are so dreamy. xox Corrine

sharon said...

You are always doing something new and exciting and taking your work to another level, and you do it so well! The silhouettes are fab!

Yvonne said...

Fabulous journal pages, Marilyn!

Martina said...

Marilyn, your journal pages are brilliant! Love the colors!

Buffy said...

I love the name,its perfect! I love these pages with the silhouettes. Can't wait to see more. Keep having a blast!

Kerri Jean said...

You would never know by these wonderful pages that the days have been dreary. These are a visual delight. I love the spreads you've been working on Marilyn. Your students are going to adore this!!!

~*~Patty S said...

You are on such a creative roll with your journal pages... I enjoy each and every one so very much M!!!
Keep Soaring and thank you for taking us along on your journey!

I have been complaining lately about having too much stuff in the house with my Mom's things and now our son's things and then thought about the poor people who have no homes...so many people and places that need prayers aren't there

Take care ... wishing you sunny days!
oxo

roc said...

loving those journal pages! there is something fascinating about the body silhouettes, isn't there?!

Createology said...

Your journal pages are like a wonderful visual diary. The colors and the words and the styles of art are all cataloging how far you are reaching in your art. Wonderful pages my dear...

Peggy Beck said...

Yes, I agree. It is an appropriate title. With more journaling to come this week. I'm so happy you are finding it a "blast" as this means "Joy" to Marilyn. Love that.

Wildflowerhouse said...

These are beautiful pages and some of my favorite colors. I so enjoy what you do.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Whenever I see you put your mind to something, you keep going until you totally master it - these are great examples of your talent!!
Bravo.