Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Like "Prego".............:)



























Happy mid-week to everyone; hope your week is going well for you.

I don't know if you remember an old TV commercial for Prego spaghetti sauce. I'm probably dating myself :) Anyway; the commercial referred to everything that is in the sauce no matter what anyone said or asked. The answer was always "it's in there".

Well - this journal spread is my "Prego" :)

I'm starting to combine a little bit of everything in my journal art. For the first background layers, I had fun with more alcohol inks. Other layers included: acrylics, stencils with Shiva sticks (which I'm starting to pull out more), transfers, collage, stamping, rub-ons......etc. You name it, it's in there!

We've had some lovely weather, here, and today is beginning a few days of some clouds and showers. It's strange to say we can use some showers after the spring we've had or "non" spring I should say. :)

There are still people around the country being effected by terrible storms, flooding, the wild fires, that started in Arizona, are just horrendous and my prayers and positive thoughts go out to those dealing with the path that Mother Nature has been on lately.

Enjoy the rest of your week, be safe, and I'll be back over the weekend!

Best to all of you! Much love.......................Marilyn xxoo

19 comments:

bockel24 said...

Wow, Marilyn, I really love that spread, the colours and atmosphere speak loudly to me!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I'm glad you explained the title as as far as I know we didn't have that advert over here.
Anyway, a brilliant reference point and another incredible set of pages. I find then always to be fascinating.
Wishes
Lynne

Paula Phillips said...

Love the colours Marilyn! Much love

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, gorgeous Marilyn ... I just love all the textures and details, great colors too.

Gaby xo

Diane said...

Love your journal pages, Marilyn & the idea of incorporating so many different things in the process. I am a huge lover of rub-ons & have used them in several collages & image transfers. I also have about 400 rubber stamps...oh do I love those! Happpy Wednesday to you!
xoxo Diane

~*~Patty S said...

really gorgeous pages M...colors and images = oh my!!!

Love how you put "everything" in there too!

oxo

Anonymous said...

You might be dating yourself, but then me too because I remember that phrase! Great pages, experimentations and chock full of goodness. xox Corrine

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Great pages! Pulling out the stops is so much fun. I think the She Art class helped me free it up a bit, too. You're making your own style and it is GOOD!

Buffy said...

I think I do remember that comercial. Love the colors of this one. Beautiful.

fran pascazio said...

Great pages Marilyn!!! Love all the layers....

By the way the Italian translation of the word "prego" is "your welcome" .... when someone says "grazie", which means thank you, the reply would be "prego"! That's it on the Italian lesson this morning!!!

good wishes........

roc said...

your post made me giggle. i guess i'm dating myself, too, because i remember those ads! great art!

sharon said...

Oh Marilyn! These are becoming so layered, rich, and deep and emotional....i REALLY LOVE THESE!

Yvonne said...

Love your Prego, Marilyn!

Jan Hennings said...

Marilyn...this is a beautiful piece!

Diane J. Evans said...

And "prego" also means "you're welcome" in Italian, which means that you could be saying that your audience is welcome to enjoy these beautiful pieces of art. Lovely!

Diane

Createology said...

Your colors in this journal spread are truly vivid and really show the depth of layers you have created. I love the Prego idea. I must admit I first thought of the reference to being pregnant. Bahaha I have said I am quirky. Happy journaling my dear...

Anonymous said...

Love the textures and subtle time gone by magic you created. There beautiful.
Heres to a magical week!
Hugs!
Julie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I guess I don't remember that TV ad, but then, I've not watched a lot of TV in my life. These pages are spectacular. I can't wait to get my Shiva sticks and stencils back from storage. You have me inspired to use them.

Patti Sandham said...

Love this spread! The texture and layers look so yummy and I bet in person they are so touchable.