Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Playing again in my journal



















Turning to my journal again and just playing with things I have around me in my art area. I found the word intersect in a stash of word clippings I have and found it calling to me. I used it after I added the words in the hearts ....family,friends and art. I do find they intersect in my life! I actually think without one or the other, I wouldn't be complete. :)

I hope your week is going well for all of you. My week always gets a jump start with my Mondays and Tuesdays with Sophia! She's 18 months, already, and just keeps amazing her "Gamma". She's more aware, now, of even the littlest things in life; ya know those things we, as adults, take for granted every day like airplanes, the sound of trains, bugs, flowers, etc......through childrens' eyes - nothing like it!

My very best to all of you for the remainder of your week!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the energy and the way the tress seem so ghostly yet powerful peaceful!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
100% agree with the previous comment, this is serene yet powerful and rather ghostly or possibly more ethereal in nature.
I can see that you will create an Art Journal based on "through the eyes of a child" - what a source of inspiration to have with you at the beginning of every week.
Is there a little artist in the making?
Wishes
Lynne

Healing Woman said...

What a wonderful idea for a journal-"through the eyes of a child"- Great suggestion from one of your comments. i love the white trees and colors you have against it. Wonderful composition. It drew me in when I saw it come up on the sidebar and I had to click instantly to see more.

Buffy said...

Love all the trees in these. Beautiful pages.And it is amazing to see life through childrens eyes. Its always an adventure when my grandsons come over.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Marilyn.
Huge hug!

Nancy said...

It's wonderful when one knows exactly what fills her bucket and obviously you do........and yes you are absolutely right when we see from a child's view, things look very different.....I have gained so much wisdom from my grandchildren.....They amaze me how they can hit the target of truth in any situation.......

I hope the rest of your week is blessed beyond measure....

sharon said...

Each time I see your pages you have done something new as far as technique...this is wonderful, and so meaningful!

Kimber said...

Oh, I LOVE the tree branches. And the wonderful colors you used. Isn't it fun to play in your journal?

johanna said...

i also love the white trees... are they a stencil? looks great!

Peggy Beck said...

I just love these Marilyn. The branches intertwining and the meaning behind it all. Wonderful!!!

Createology said...

Yes, Marilyn you are so right that family, friends and art all intersect and if they don't we feel out-of-sorts. That is why we create. Sophia really is the best way to spend your days as it brings life back into our existence. I would love to "see" your art space in a future post. Joyful days to you dear...

Anonymous said...

These are fascinating Marilyn, did you mask and spray the backgrounds? Gamma does good, so happy you have all this precious time with your sweetheart Sophia! xox Corrine

~*~Patty S said...

Super pages Gamma M...I am guessing you used stencils for your brilliant trees...great effect!

I enjoy keeping "stuff" on my work table for just that reason...if it is too neat...well you know

Happy almost weekend...the beginning of your weeks sure does sound very special indeed!
oxo

Martha Lever said...

I love these journal pages. I really like the trees and the background. It's all GREAT! Aren't grandchildren such a blessing. I just wish Marc lived closer. :(

Diane J. Evans said...

Oh. how I DO love these! Will you share the methods you used in creating the backgrounds and trees sometime???

Diane

Debbie K. said...

Your journal pages are absolutely gorgeous, Marilyn! Sorry I haven't been by to visit. Now I am seeing what I've missed! Have a wonderful weekend:)

fran pascazio said...

Love this Marilyn....is that a she girl I see?

Kerri Jean said...

I absolutely love these silhouetted trees. Very moody.

Helmi said...

This looks beautiful, thanks for your comment.
grt, Helmi

Gaby Bee said...

They look amazing, Marilyn! I love all the wonderful details in your work. Brilliant as always!

Gaby xo

Katie said...

I really love the background on this!! wow! there's just something about it!