Friday, August 12, 2011

The Gardener

I call this journal page "The Gardener". Again; transferred ink-jet image of my own drawing onto journal page and went from there. I find I enjoy the transfer system a lot because I get a very faint image, after, and the facial features actually change with this which I think is neat. I can go back into, the transfer, and add more pencil lines and paint as I want. I had a little trouble with her hat but - it's my journal page and not going to hang in the Louvre. :) The flowers are actually a Donna Downey foam stamp using two colors of acrylic paint with a foam brush. The little bird is collaged.

I picked up some vintage French vocabulary cards on Ebay a few weeks back and while I love them for collage purposes, I'm finding they are a good way of learning French!

I used la fleur (flower) and fournir (to provide) and felt was appropriate for "The Gardener". :)

The background was done with, what is becoming to be, my favorite technique. I will be sharing that process in near future.

We have another weekend coming up. It's already the second week of August! Whew! How fast time is going.

I am wishing you all a joyous weekend, ahead, be safe and enjoy the moments!

Much love, Marilyn xxoo

25 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I just love the pages you have been showing lately.

Sandy said...

Oh wow what a great new page.
Fantastic art. Love it.

Have a lovely new weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your new journal has taken on a real air of being technique driven. I like how you experiment with a different technique on each page. I have never had any luck with image transfers from an ink jet printer. For some reason, I can't seem to make it work, but I am very good with magazine image transfers.

Now I am REALLY curious about your mysterious background. Of course, I love the lady, the French words, and the little painted flowers, too!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Marilyn I love her hat as it reminds me of hats gardeners wear when they are well loved and slightly battered, it is the perfect touch.
In fact there is so much that I adore about this page, the image transfer blending in beautifully with the stamped flowers and your background is sensational.
Wishes
Lynne

Karen Larko said...

Love this garden page. I'm working in the gardens this morning.

Patti Sandham said...

I love this page! It is one of my favorite things you have done!

Hugs

johanna said...

love the pages you made recently - this one speaks to me very much!

Rebecca Anthony said...

This is great, I really like the texture!

Createology said...

Your gardner is serene and beautiful tending to her flowers with little birdie looking on. Weekend bliss to you too...

~*~Patty S said...

your gardener is a beauty
Love her overalls along with all the special details you've incorporated Marilyn!

wishing you and your a very happy weekend
oxo

Martina said...

Your new piece is great, Marilyn!
Gorgeous artwork!

Have a nice weekend!
Wishes
MARTINA

Lisa said...

wonderful!!! tres jolie!!! Have a good weekend! I have just signed up for the class you and Kerri will be hosting in Sept. Looking forward to meeting you!

Buffy said...

I love her hat,another beautiful page. Have a great weekend!

jgr said...

Marilyn, this page is wonderful and I enjoyed reading all about your process. I have never tried using image transfers in my journal but you have inspired me! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful page. I love to read all the processes and ideas. Your gardener has such feeling. I love her hat.. and the flowers add the perfect touch.

Anonymous said...

This just makes me smile so much!!!! Thanks for making my day. xox Corrine

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
This is bbbbbbbbeautiful! I want to crawl into it! the colors grab me and the feel of it too! I want it to you header on your blog page! There is something about her that calls me!!!!!!!!!!!! Come over and stay a while!!!!!! Ohhhhhh she is fantastic! I cannot wait to hear about the background technique too! <3
Huggies,Patti

Marlynn said...

Marilyn - this is one of the loveliest pieces I have seen you make. All your work is wonderful, but there is something about this that is almost sacred. I know I am not making any sense, but WOW, all I gotta say. WOW.

Diane said...

Ahhh--just wonderful, wonderful, and wonderful!

Christina Carnoy said...

That is so pretty!!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
I love the way her hat and dress have a 3D appearance it feels like I could touch it from my computer monitor...and the colors are always so gorgeous! Beautiful masterpiece as always!

laurel said...

She's beautiful! I have that stamp too and I love all the little elements you included.

Yvonne said...

Fab new page, Marilyn!

Terri Kahrs said...

Just returned to the matrix after a two week break. I see you've been busy in your new journal, Marilyn! LOVE your pages, and all of the techniques you've been using. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us - I can't wait to give it a try! Hugs, Terri xoxo

lindacreates said...

Your work is just blossoming! Love this Marilyn. Keep journaling.