Just a little art today. I don't know about any of you, but it seems that every day I seem to need and want to create something; even if it is a little piece. I'm felting, again - of course. What an addiction. I was playing around with the use of stencils along with the felting and I really enjoy it and it helps give me a pattern to follow. Anyway; I tried working on a little tag today and the tag base is felted off-white wool roving. I added a felted flower which was what I used a stencil for, felted over a transferred image with silk fibers, added flower embellishments, some hand-dyed silk ribbons and batik material for the tag hole which I did punch out with my Japanese screw punch. I hand sewed a small piece of tightly woven fringe to bottom.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Just a little art today. I don't know about any of you, but it seems that every day I seem to need and want to create something; even if it is a little piece. I'm felting, again - of course. What an addiction. I was playing around with the use of stencils along with the felting and I really enjoy it and it helps give me a pattern to follow. Anyway; I tried working on a little tag today and the tag base is felted off-white wool roving. I added a felted flower which was what I used a stencil for, felted over a transferred image with silk fibers, added flower embellishments, some hand-dyed silk ribbons and batik material for the tag hole which I did punch out with my Japanese screw punch. I hand sewed a small piece of tightly woven fringe to bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Marilyn.. this is soooo cool..Leave it up to you to come up with something so dreamy... Laura
Beautiful Marilyn!!! I love your sweet tag! The image is wonderful and your pretty stenciled flowere, wow and the soft feel, Laura is right, it is dreamy! Hugs,Patti
I love this Marilyn. Beautiful!!
Post a Comment