Sunday, March 4, 2007



More felting........................ I can't stop! This is a picture of another needle felting project I'm working on. It's a work in progress. This is a felt purse that I am having fun with. I "felt painted" the background, created some flowers and some circular shapes. I just love the wispiness of including silk fibers with the wool roving. I added a transferred image onto muslin. I originally pictured blanket stitching around the image to adhere to the purse but it didn't work out very well. So; I tried needle felting silk fibers right into the muslin piece and it worked. I am going to add some silk flowers, ribbons, beads and some very small leaf embellishments. I'll post the final piece when it's done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your needle felting Marilyn... I do have to try it.. do you know of a good book with instructions???

Patti G. said...

Laura, you and I are gonna figure this out!!! :0) Marilyn is giving me some tips and MORE!!!!! THANK YOU MARILYN! I cannot wait to give this a whirl!!!!! Sooooo beautiful......your creation is super!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Patti

Laura said...

Beautiful, Marilyn!! You have just taken off with this in a very short time! -(Laura J)