Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another workshop project..............




This was another exercise project during my Karen Rosasco workshop last week. The first picture is of a "grid-type" painting that we had to do then add some foils and other elements. I wasn't quite happy with it so today I decided to work on it a little more and came up with more of what I was seeing going on here. We had to use rich colors of acrylics and also some texture stamping. I love adding foils in collage. I named this piece "Human Study" as I like the way the bird is perched on top of the foil piece. It looks like he's studying the woman. We are so often observing and studying the birds.

I hope you're all having an artful weekend......Love, Marilyn

5 comments:

Laura said...

Absolutely fantastic, Marilyn!!!
I am so VERY impressed.

Sanja said...

wow....your background is just stunning! fab. work again,Marylin!

have a nice day
Sanja

Kerri Jean said...

I want to see and FEEL this piece in person, Marilyn. What a great week you must have had!!!! Also love your new blog background. It's artsy but also subtle so that your works show up more!!!

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
This piece is very textural and full of intersting elements! I can see how each exercise was different and I feel like you learned lots from the different pieces you are sharing! The one below is wwwwwwonderful as well! The colors and movement makes me feel very calm to see! NEAT!!!!
Your new blog template is fun too! WHeeeeeeee! Hugs,Patti

Deb said...

This is a really beautiful piece... I love the colors and textures and the images you've used are perfect for it. These backgound techiques/exercises are yielding some wonderful artwork!