This was another challenging exercise for me during the Karen Rosasco workshop. I think this will be the last one for awhile; I'm getting ready to move on to other things :)
The first picture is the first "start" of this particular exercise. We had to choose two acrylic colors and paint random shapes onto watercolor paper, adding texture stamping. Then we were asked to start blending the colors while continuing to add texture.
I ended up, with what I thought, appeared to be the beginning of buildings, doorways, etc.
The last picture is what I ended up with. I just finished this piece today. I call it "View of a Village". As I started to add my line work, I could see a crowded village forming; perhaps an Asian village. I added some hints of rooftops, doors, more painting, and a few embellishments.
Thanks for visiting! Love - Marilyn
7 comments:
Wow, Marilyn!!! Both new works are so gorgeous.
But this one is my favorite.
It`s soooo FANTASTIC!The colors and all... love, love, love it!!!!! :-)
Marvelous Marilyn!!! This is my new favorite. I love doorways and the colors and textures invite me to enter this busy cityscape. It has an absolutely brilliant energy. Love Love love it. I can't wait to see where you take all of these new techniques!!!!!!
Your view of a village is just fabulous.I love the texture and your wonderful color composition. I'm really mesmerized, Marilyn!
marilyn....the piece is wonderful...the doors and arches and colors are perfect! Add the textures...wa-la......:-)
absolutely fantastic,Marylin!!!:-)
Lovely colours and design, thanks for sharing the process!
Looks stunning!!
Post a Comment