I love working on canvas. These are pictures of some small canvas pieces that I did. One of my favorite ways to use a canvas is to work on the back side vs the front. I tend to purchase canvases that have the square opening in the back as I see these as potential shadowboxes! The first collage is such. The "front" back was done with torn masking tape, Gesso, washes and foam stamps to give it lots of texture. I then flipped the canvas over to make the "back" the front and created a little shadow box. Around the opening I adhered decorative papers, used old script paper, rubber stamping, stamped domino and a few other embellishments. I distressed the papers with Distress Ink.
The other picture is of two 4 x 4 canvases that I hinged together. I used images from www.paperwhimsy.com (one of my favorite websites), backgrounds were created with crinkled-up tissue paper and gel medium, washes, quotes and little embellishments.
I wish everyone a good day and upcoming weekend!
Love always - Marilyn
7 comments:
Wow, Marilyn, love, love, love them!! So gorgeous!!! :-)
Your canvas art is very unique. Love the images and especially the quotes
... absolutelly amazing!
I love the backwards canvas idea -- you're a creative genius marilyn. These pieces are beautiful. I loved the hinged piece very much. You always combine wonderful elements into the whole.
Marilyn this is just gorgeous. I've not tried canvas yet - I definitely have to give it a go!
gorgeous canvas,Marylin!!!
It's a really wonderful canvas!!!
Fabulous way to work with canvas! XO
Post a Comment