Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Something to "crow" about..........:)

I am beginning to think, that in my previous life, I must have been a bird; particularly a crow. I love crows! There's something artistic about the "blackness" of them; nature's silhouettes! We sure have plenty of them around where I live, anyway, and while some people find them annoying, I love to watch them and know that they are around.

I recently discovered that a friend of mine and I have this thing for crows in common so we decided to engage in a one-on-one ATC exchange with our theme.

This is a picture of my creations and I used Stampboard for the substrate; very nice surface to work on I might add. I decided to add a thin layer of beeswax over the collages.

In each piece I decided to use two crows as I just found out, recently, from a friend of mine that crows mate for life! I did not know this and I feel this makes them even more special! :)

Thanks for visiting and also your lovely and supportive comments you leave here. I always appreciate you taking the time to stop in for a visit.

I wish you all a good day and the upcoming week. Love, Marilyn

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh Marilyn... I love your crows...

bockel24 said...

Oh, they are lovely, can´t wait to hold them in my hands! I´ll feed my crows while opening the envelope, o. k.? You´re right, they always come here as a couple and pick what I´ve spread for the tits ;-)

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I think we must be related-as crows are my favorite! I love them-and your crows are spectacular!!!

hugs, chris

Alexandra said...

Wonderful ATCs Marilyn

Gaby Bee said...

Absolutely fabulous cards. Love them!

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
Your crows are so neat! Where did you find, or how did you do the images, are they stamps or?? They are so neat looking! I love the backgrounds too, and the beeswax; with the neat "seal" look on each.Beautiful! Enjoy your crow trade! :0)
Hugs,Patti

Sanja said...

Marylin,
your crows ATCs are so wonderful!
love them all!

Kerri Jean said...

I totally agree about the crows Marilyn -- I love their graphic quality -- their bold shape -- and I don't even mind the noise -- reminds me a bit of my family!! ...these are wonderful tributes to the crow!!

Viola said...

Your crows are so great, Marilyn!
Fab work again!! :-)

vintage wil said...

i love your work its
beautiful!!!

Kristy C said...

Nice ATC's, Marilyn :)

Femmy said...

Fabulous!! love it very much!!

Anonymous said...

Marilyn! You've been working on some really beautiful things! Love all the art! Crows -- I like these most!

Check out my blog -- you've been nominated.....

Karen said...

Wow, Marilyn! I thought I was the only person in the world who loved crows - well, my husband, too. We have a large crow who watches over our piano (Edgar) - he's a stuffed animal/sculpture, but sometimes we treat him like part of the family. Looking at all your comments, obviously we are not alone in our admiration of these noble birds. Your ATC's are beautiful!