Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stages..........................




I thought it would be fun to share what I'm currently working on and present it in stages.

I'm working on a 16 x 20 stretched canvas. I began by sandwiching cheesecloth between white Gesso layers then adding some crumpled up tissue paper. (the first picture)

At this point, I wasn't sure where I was going with this painting, but before I knew it, I could see a seascape forming! The second picture is the beginning of my painting. I'm using fluid acrylics, oil paint sticks, and some Japanese Washi paper. I think I'm going to title this: "Sea Dreams".

The painting is now in the drying stage before I can add more to it but I just felt it would be fun to share the progress of this painting with you.

I will post my next stage in a couple of days :)

Thanks, again, for visiting and, as always, your wonderfully supportive comments. Hope you're all having a good weekend.................Love, Marilyn

4 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This will be so much fun to watch! I love where you are at right now-so I will be impatiently waiting for more!!!!
hugs, chris

Viola said...

Great idea, Marilyn! I´ll be waiting too! This looks already wonderful!

bockel24 said...

It´s beautiful so far, remembers me of a holiday in Scotland many years ago ...

Kerri Jean said...

Thanks for sharing Marilyn. I love seeing the beginning, where you created dimension and texture, and then the progress - I also work that way a lot -- not knowing when I begin where it will take me. Can't wait to see!!!