Well; this is it! I finished my painting (see previous post). I found myself obsessing over the sky and it wasn't until this morning that I took another look at it and decided I wanted the feel of the sea's reaction to an oncoming storm. The sky is hard to paint; there is usually so much going on on any given day or evening :) So; I added in some darker tones and some brush marks and then the little voice in my head was telling me to stop. It's so hard to stop when I'm doing something I really enjoy working on. I'm sure you get those feelings, too. :)
I still have to cut around the frame where the cheesecloth and tissue paper have overlapped and then I'll paint around the frame to finish it off. By the way, I changed the name of this from Sea Dreams to Storm at Sea; felt it was more appropriate.
Now.............on to my next project :)
I'm wishing you all a great day and upcoming week. Love, Marilyn
8 comments:
Your canvas is wonderful Marylin!
Looks GReat!!
Marylin,
love your art!!
Suuuuper, Marilyn! Your finished piece looks so stunning! Love it!
Bravo! This turned out perfectly-and the new name describes the feeling you have created!
hugs, chris
Wow Marilyn... I love this... hoooray... beautiful job..
Really nice, Marilyn. You have been one busy artistic bee this month. That trip down south must have done you a lot of good. I have to start watching your site more often again. I love everything you've been doing!
Pam
http://alteredmymuse.blogspot.com/
Tis is so beautiful! The colors and textures are wonderful... more, more! Deb
Post a Comment