
One of the "beauties" of Photoshop Elements, for me, is when I don't have time to create something tactile, paint, collage, etc., I know I can always fall back on Photoshop to express myself a bit. It helps me unwind, particularly in the evening hours.
The past couple of weeks has been a bit filled with family stuff, preparations for collage classes I'm teaching at the Albany Art Room, things having to be done around the house. My mom just turned 88 years old, this month, and she's been in need of much more attention as of late. Fortunately, she lives right around the corner from us but I can see where some of the physical things she's been used to doing, are starting to catch up. We found an aide, for her, who starts tomorrow to assist her with some things and we're hoping this works out.
You probably didn't need to know all of this but this is the thing about Blogging that I am finding is helpful. It kind of helps to "blow some things out' that one might need to share with others without getting too personal :)
I, sometimes, get a little anxious or frustrated when I can't commit to certain days or times to create my art. My husband notices as he feels I get a little "crabby" or "snappy" as he says. :) But; this is how our lives are; we, sometimes, have to commit to things in our days that take priority over art. I'm sure you all feel this in your life.
Commitment is an interesting thing. I think that's another thing I like about crows. They mate for life! They are committed to one another, ya know for the long haul. Amazing! But; they do it.
So, as I cannot always commit myself to block in some time, to create my art, I can still turn to my laptop and enter the world of Photoshop Elements and play and create something visual that can offer some meaning to me.
I hope this piece means something to you, too, perhaps to help you think about committment to your own needs, wants and joys when you can. I know each day we have to commit ourselves to our responsibilities and priorities, but sometimes we can get lost in them.
Commit yourself to a happy and artful day! Love to all........................Marilyn xxoo
12 comments:
Hi Marilyn I like it when you open up !you are very wise .Its nice to know that its not just me who gets crabby !!when I cant have some space to just be myself! and do Art.
Love the art work love from sesga xx
Wonderful work, Marilyn! Love it!!
beautiful Marilyn!!!
you are a very wise woman!!
hugs
femmy
I think the personal element of blogging is part of its appeal - it makes me feel that I am not alone in finding balance and handling family issues, etc. And I totally agree about the digital collage!! It's another great way to express yourself creatively!!
--and i didn't know that about the crows. That may explain why they're always yelling so loudly!!!
love your art,Marilyn!
and..yes...you are a very wise woman!
big hugs
Sanja
Your picture is wonderful Marilyn
I am really enjoying your photoshop "play" Marilyn (and loving those crows).
I think I get a bit crabby when I cant find enough time for my art too!!!
Arent you lucky living around the corner from your mum?
Marilyn...I love your digital work... very inspirational...
Marilyn...this is stunning! And of course i love those birds. Sounds like your days have been very busy. Hope you are getting some rest also :) Hugs!
I am really enjoying your digital art work, Marilyn. Your generous and thoughtful spirit, comes out in your art. And I love those crows, too.
Hope you will have an artful day!
Gaby
Marilyn,
I am glad I stopped for a visit to your commitment post and wonderful digi art! I read your post and it is all so true! I think that the art comes out of us as a special expression and that is NEEDED! So I hope that your days are always filled with a little art! You need to keep Ted smiling!And being snappy won't do that! Hehehehe!
Lovely digi art!!!!!!!!! Hugs,Patti
i can relate to that Marilyn!
Post a Comment