
Did you ever come across something profound and very meaningful, you know you have it but you cannot remember where it is? Then all it takes is something to trigger it. Well; this has happened to me and, frankly, this isn't the first time. :)
I came across this quote by Lao Tzu that just grabbed at my heart!
I wanted to find a way to share it with others and I decided to incorporate it into a Photoshop layout.
I hope you can read the words clearly; as I feel they are so appropriate in offering us comfort in the current times of turmoil around the world.
Recently, I was engaged in quite a heavy discussion with my son. He teaches elementary school in an inner-city situation and he has been challenged trying to answer some of his students' questions regarding the state of our cities, home life, wars, poverty, etc. He was bouncing off his thoughts to us which led me to think about this quote. I just knew I had it!
It took me quite awhile to find it in my stash. I honestly don't remember where I got it from or if someone gave it to me. I printed it out, for him, so he could read the words. He wants to have this quote blown up and post it up in his classroom.
I hope you find this quote as profound and meaningful as I did and that it offers some comfort to you. To me, it actually is the answer to finding peace but the realist, in me, knows this is much easier said than done. Words can be so powerful!
I wish you all a good start to your week and may you all have peace in your hearts!
Love, Marilyn
9 comments:
Love it!! great image! and what a wise words!!!, so true!!! let us all try to start at home and have at least peace there and than go one step at a time to make peace in the neighborhood!
This is so moving, Marilyn. How lucky those students are to have your son as a teacher. This is a favorite quote of mine, which I also think offers hope, though in a different way:
Although the world is full of suffering,it is also full of the overcoming of it. --Helen Keller
thanks for sharing your wonderful, peaceful spirit with us.
Really great image,Marilyn! And this quote is sooo true!! Love it!
Hi Marilyn Very moving word's thank you for sharing that with us and helping us become enlightened .We know these thing's but to have them in words confirms and strengthens them . love the image you used .Have a good week love from sesga xx
Love this quote und beautiful image.your work is amazing,Marylin!!
hugs
Sanja
This is just meaning and wonderful and of course David is a gift to his students! They may not know it now, but will at some point in their lives!!Your GORGEOUS painting/mixed media below is so special too! Just gorgeous my friend!
Hugs,Patti
Love the quote, and I´m surprised every time I see an old Chinese quote how modern these seem to us ... BTW, searching for quotes I´ve noted somewhere is one of my "favourite" hobbies ;-)
Love this Marilyn...it's so beautiful!!!!!!! How very true it is! XXOOOO PEACE
Wonderful image Marilyn.
Post a Comment