Friday, April 25, 2008

What remains........................



My friend, Laura Jones, http://musingsoncollage.blogspot.com/ just gave birth to her new Blog. She is going to offer prompts to inspire people to use in their art work. I was thrilled when Laura launched her Blog! Congrats! She is a very creative and talented artist. A couple of her favorite inclusions in her art, other than beeswax, is using quotes and poetry in her art. When you have a chance, stop by her Blog for a visit :)

Laura's first prompt, on her Blog, is "What Remains". I was going to work with this as a first entry in an art journal that I've started so long ago and just haven't had a chance to really get to it. Right now my art journal consists of a few pages that have been prepped with Gesso :)

I decided to work in Photoshop with the prompt and this is what I came up with. I felt it was appropriate as how many times do we see these kinds of things out in a field, resting against a deserted barn or outbuilding. I often come across them, in my travels, and there's always a little sadness about them. I try to "bring them back to life" thinking about what, when, and how they were used, how old they might be and then on a more positive note, perhaps they're just plain tired out and are resting offering some people a great picture to take :)

Thank you, Laura, for a challenging prompt and I still do intend to work with this in my art journal in near future :)

I'm wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead and starting Sunday or Monday I will begin uploading pictures, on my Blog, of the beautiful Affirmation Collages that I've received as a result of my Blog challenge with the help of Kelly Rae's inspirational techniques.

Have a happy day! Love, Marilyn

2 comments:

Femmy said...

Love it Marylin. the flowers seem to give back a little "life" to the abandoned wheels.

Sanja said...

love your digital art,Marylin!!

have a nice weekend too! :0)