
I think one of the reasons I enjoy collage, so much, is drawing inspiration from the things I have around me; ya know my stash :)
I like to make up stories about what I'm working on. For instance, for this painting, I just had to use this Adolphe-William Bouguereau image! I just found out these images are copyright free which makes me quite happy. He is one of my favorite painters; love how he captures expressions.
I first began this painting by sinking an old map of Italy into gel medium onto the prepared canvas (I color copied the map) and started adding textures with different mediums, thought of colors of Tuscany and went from there. I started seeing some peaks of mountains, different tones of grass, etc. I added some torn pieces of antique music sheets into the painting and other natural handmade papers. This all seemed to fit with this Bouguereau image as she is holding a violin. I sunk her into gel medium then stamped around her using an old print block that I have here.
My mind drifted to thinking that this girl is longing to study music, in Italy, and pursue her love of the violin. That's how the title of this painting arrived....."Her Wish" and adding the hardware with the rusted star there that you see. She is wishing on a star :)
Thank you all for visiting my Blog and leaving your wonderfully warm and supportive comments. Your continued support and friendships are so appreciated.
I wish you all a safe and happy rest of this week and a fun upcoming weekend.
Love always............................Marilyn
14 comments:
A beautiful painting, Marilyn,..as always!!
love the background. stunning canvas,Marylin!
have a nice weekend!
hugs
Sanja
This is just beautiful Marilyn! Thank you for sharing your art and techniques.
Someday I hope to see some of these in person. The colors and textures are so rich and warm and inviting. I love the storyteller in you!!Beautiful.
stunning canvas, love the warm and rich texture in this piece!!
It is just beautiful. Where did you find the copyright free images?
This looks so wonderful, Marilyn!
Love the colors! Have a great weekend! :-)
Hi Marilyn,
It's lorri here from Kerri's altered chess challenge. Weren't they just divine - all of them!! Awesome project. I love your work here on your blog, and will create a link to you.
Nice work on the chess set, I really liked all the dimension on it :)
This is beautiful! Your backgrounds are always wonderful and have such depty. Love your canvas!
Have a wonderful weekend enjoying the freshness of Spring!
Love the texture in this Marilyn and the gold bits. Wish I could see it in person. In the textured area at the bottom center towards the left, I am seeing an image of beautiful dancers on their knees bending backwards with their arms thrown out behind them. Maybe it's the computer...maybe it's me. I don't do drugs. LOL
Anyway...love it!
Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html
Marilyn, I am glad to have gotten here to see your beautiful piece! Love the story that your creative mind worked out as you created this piece! It is wonderful and the layers,colors and image are stunning! Hugs,Patti
ooh Marilyn, I think you enjoyed creating this. I wish I could see it close up and study it - it looks absolutely gorgeous LOL!
This is really beautiful... You never cease to amaze me..
well done on being in somerset! fantastic, and well deserved, your blog is fab, love all the affirmation collages, and the box is beautiful. gorgeous gorgeous work, I shall be back! :))
Post a Comment