Life is art, to me, in so many forms. Art has enabled me to see the world in a whole new light! I can really focus on things of beauty around us whether it's a beautiful sky, sunset, sunrise, birds, animals; all that nature provides. I wanted to share some life with you all to begin our week.
My husband and I have been having fun watching a Downy woodpecker family settle in to, what my husband calls, the "Woods" family condo. The male Downy started out creating one hole in this tree for the nest and not too long after, he started another hole above. My husband saw this as the female Downy must have wanted more space - LOL! Well; she got it!
The first picture is of the two holes; you have to look carefully to see them. Aren't they beautifully shaped holes? The second picture, and you REALLY have to look closely, is the head of "Mr. Woods" peaking out getting ready to fly out! He's been busy bringing food to the nest and we think there are now babies in there! I've been trying to get a decent shot of Mr. and Mrs. coming out of the nest, but it's been a little difficult as they fly out so fast! But; I finally got a shot of "Mr. Woods" - see his little head in the bottom hole? Mr. flies in and does his thing, flies out and then Mrs. comes and does her thing. It's been a sharing of duties for the past couple of weeks! It's amazing to watch.
This all happens outside our back room! I will try to keep you posted as I really would love to get shots of the babies as they start flying out.
I hope you all had a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.
Love to all......................Marilyn xxoo
6 comments:
Before I read the post, I thought someone had drilled those holes out with an electric drill. Pretty neat, thanks for sharing!
I also marvel at industriousness of birds. What a wonderful sight
love the way you tell a story!! it's great to see how you enjoy these "little"things of life!!
Such perfect holes all rounded and smooth looking .Mrs wood has the right idea never enough room for a growing family .you are so lucky to have this all happening in your back garden .Like you nature is what makes my heart soar, I'm glad It does for a poor life I would have without it .Where I live I'm very rich in Nature .thanks for sharing love from sesga xx
These are wonderful photos! My woodheaded friend made enough holes that it weakened the branches on my maple tree. I cringe every time the wind blows, knowing more will fall!!
hugs, chris
Marilyn, this is so neat! I see Mr. Woody there in the second hole down low........it is easy to see once I clicked on it and elarged it! Awesome and the holes are beautiful!!! Such wonderful NATURE ART! :0) Hugs,Patti
Post a Comment