
Acrylic/Mixed Media
8 x 10 Canvas Board
This is an acrylic/mixed media piece I just finished working on today. The image is another paint over and I am just thrilled with this technique; it just works for me and I feel is my comfort zone when adding images to my paintings.
The flowers in the painting are actual real Queen Anne's lace that have been dried and I cut little pieces of the delicate flowers. I adhered them with matte medium and sealed them with same after adding light touches of white gesso on them.
I added the title of the painting, here, with Photoshop. :)
I wish everyone a happy day! Love, Marilyn xxoo
19 comments:
beautiful piece Marylin! love the red/yellow/gold tones of the "mountains" and the flowers are just great!!
How wonderful,Marilyn! Such a gorgeous piece again. Love the warm colors, too! :-)
Marilyn .. I so love your painted canvases, incredible layers and depth, love the colours of this one :)
Okay...this is one of my favorites, I think! Absolutely beautiful, Marilyn!! I'm so impressed with how this came out.
You are so talented - what a lovely piece - so peaceful and inviting.
Like how you added the Queen Anne Lace too.
Marilyn...this is absolutely stunning. I am so amazed at your artwork. Love all the texture and color that you use :)
wowser...love the rich colors. your background is fantastic. stunning work,Marilyn!!!:0)
xoxo
Sanja
I love this art work Marilyn you really doing a amazing job with this technique .I love the colours you used the on background the orange and turquoise really work! then the lady's top in turquoise really pulls the painting together.
STUNNING!
have a good day hugs from sesga xx
Marilyn this is a wonderful canvas!!! I love your structur background.
Great piece Marilyn. I especially love those flowers, just the right touch!
I've tried that technique too, and I agree that it's amazing. Love this piece. Your colors are sooo rich.
This is beautiful Marilyn. Are you using Golden products? If so are you using the tube paints or the fluids? I too can't draw and love your idea of adding the photos and altering them.
How simply perfect!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend - fingers crossed for a dry day or two!! xox Deb
this is just stunning, I love the colours, the texture, it's just all gorgeous. wow. :)
Marilyn,
This is beautiful! Your on a roll!
Hugs Pattio
M!
this is glorious!! i am going to have to give this technique a try! I love your colors and the added queen anne's lace!!!
Just beautiful!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth
Beautiful Marilyn!!!
Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html
I have looked at this piece about three times today because I think it is absolutely gorgeous. The background is stunning. It has such texture and depth. Thank you for linking me. I have been meaning to do that same with your blog....and have. I'm honoured to be able to visit your artwork.
Absolutely gorgeous!!
hugs, chris
Post a Comment