

I've been working on these two paintings, this week, and just completed today.
These are on 8 x 10 stretched canvas.
The first painting is called: "Studio Design". The image is a paint over that I found in a bridal magazine.
The second picture is called "Funny Farm" and remember the stash of "family photos" my mother gave me that I mentioned in previous post? Well; this image is one of the photos that was in the stash. These three "dudes" are from left: my Uncle Bill, my father, and a neighborhood friend of theirs. They are all since passed now. Weren't they a threesome? My mother said as a child, my father grew up on a small farm and I guess they used to love to play with the chickens :) ........... whatever!
Admittedly, it's a little wierd for me to be using these family photos; particularly because I really didn't know that photos even existed. I guess it's all meant to be and art is a path I always say and perhaps as I was growing up, the timing wasn't right and I just wasn't meant to have these until now. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Love to all of you and wishing you a terrific weekend ahead! Marilyn xxoo
13 comments:
Both look so great again, Marilyn! Fabulous pieces!! :o)
I really like your color selections for both of these, Marilyn! They look great!!
Wowser-these are beautiful and very engaging! You do such beautiful work!
hugs, chris
Ohhh wow both are fantastic Marilyn. I love the color. Wonderful artworks!
both are great Marilyn!! Love the shade of red in Studio design, you are so inspiring!!
Oh wow, I feel so honoured that you share these pieces with us especially since they have so much meaning to you! I have a soft spot for photos with farm critters in them. You create such divine backgrounds! Hugs!
Amazing work as always Marilyn.
I love the boys and ducks so lovely that they are your family.
Have a good weekend love from sesgaxx
The colors are great, Marilyn! I love the chicken wire in the second one. Beautiful!
Marilyn, these bold colors and a wwwwonderful blend! I LOVE the shapes of paint in the background and the word(stamping and stenciling) too! Just amazing and the images are great, your family members........yes, what an inspired piece! It is a great thing that pictures fell into your heart and arms at this point when you can use them in such a fun way! Love the colors and feel of both of these! Great job Marilyn! Hugs,Patti
Hey Marilyn,
Your new works are awesome! I love the rich tapestry of colours. And like you say about the timing of the photos is so interesting. I think you are right it was ment to happen now and you can get to know them somewhat through the images. I have a bunch from DH's mom too and I don't know many of them but it is so cool to peak into the life of times gone by.
Hugs Pattio
I sooooooo love the boldness of colour palette to both these canvases Marylin, again you have captured something just wonderful to each one:)
Both are great Marilyn. I love the chicken wire imprint in the second piece. And the first has great passion in the color choices you made.
These are gorgeous, I love the colours and the texture.
Post a Comment