Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Uprooted".................


16 x 20

Acrylic/Mixed Media

This is an abstract piece I am working on. I still have some line work to add, to it, but I have been experimenting with these Dr. Ph Martin Bombay India Inks and think they're really terrific. They come in little bottles with eye-dropper lids and the ink is wonderful for dropping into water! It creates wonderful and spontaneous surprises.
I call this piece "Uprooted" because the initial inks created a vision of a huge tree (the thick blue area there on the left) that has been uprooted due to a storm. We've been getting lots of storms, lately; another one tonight. We did have a neighbor's tree fall on our house about a month ago. That was quite scary! Thankfully, no one was hurt but, perhaps, this painting was subconsciously in my vision because of that experience. I always say art is a path.
I added some Japanese papers to this piece, for texture, and also collaged Asian script paper throughout in areas as well as around the whole canvas.
Hope you are all having an artful weekend!
Much love - Marilyn

17 comments:

Alexandra said...

Wonderful artwork. I love your structure.

Erasmuse said...

I LOVE this one Marilyn! Did you use the atomizer? That tree is great!
The textures make it so interesting.

Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/

"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Absolutely beautiful!
hugs chris

Viola said...

GORGEOUS!!! :o)))

Femmy said...

great work!!! love these colours and it has great texture!!

Karrin Hurd said...

I love the effect of those India inks, it is wonderful!

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Marilyn, this piece is so powerful. Isn't it amazing what we pull out of our subconscious?! How scary to have a tree fall on your house! The weather has been so turbulent around the world. I can't wait to see how this piece progresses! Hugs....

Gillian .... said...

what a fantastic image this piece gives, so much depth, I love it:)

Anonymous said...

O Marilyn !! it must have been traumatic to have that happen .That is one of my fears when its windy outside ,I'm glad no one was hurt .
The tree is your expressive side of the bad experience ,The painting is beautiful though I love it .
Love and a big hug from sesga xx

Sanja said...

Marilyn..this is absolutely stunning!!!Love it!!
xoxo

Ro Bruhn said...

This really has the WOW factor, the colours are gorgeous. I've used the Dr Martin water colours too they're fabulous.

Kerri Jean said...

I cannot wait for our artist date so that I can actually see some of your incredible textural creations in person!!! Fabulous!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Marilyn!!
you have been a very productive and busy girl!! Love, love ,love all of it! Now I think that I must try some of that Ink!!!
We are back for a week to recover from a very mixed trip and then we all leave for a week in the NC mountains near ASHVILLE. Have not been there yet and I am really looking forward to all of the art there!!
Love you!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Marilyn...this is gorgeous. Love all the texture and colors. I have those inks also and they are so fun to play with. Hope all is well........hugs :)

artbeth67 said...

This is beautiful! :)

Carol Q said...

this is fab Marilyn!

Deb said...

Wow - this is really lovely! I love the colors and the textures... nice work! xo Deb