
Acrylic/Mixed Media
16" x 20" stretched canvas
I have so far, to go, to really be comfortable drawing, let alone, painting a figure. This was actually my second attempt to do this and is my first that I am somewhat happy with; oh there's that inner critic again - geesh!
Anyway, believe it or not, this painting started out as a nature scene with rocks, high peaks, etc., and I just didn't like it. I gessoed the whole thing and started over and this is what the painting is turning into! I started seeing a figure when the gesso was fully dried, some colors were popping out from below and one thing led to the other.
I still have some adjustments to make to the figure; she looks a little scared, to me, but I will work on turning her expression into a happier one. After all, she's supposed to be enjoying life! :)
Have a happy day and ..........................Dance, Live, and Love!
Hugs, Marilyn
14 comments:
I love this one, Marilyn. She seems to be sweeping across the canvas. The depth and colors in the background are wonderful! The crow placement is perfect.
I have a Crow Woman tee shirt - long sleeved; it would probably become a large baggy dress on you. LOL I've never worn it - bought it just for the beautiful art and the meaning behind Crow Woman.
The Cree's believe that she visits you in your dreams and makes you face your own inadequacies. Handy woman to have around for spiritual growth!
You can have the shirt if you'd like it.
love,
Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html
Marilyn your canvas is fantastic!
This is beautiful, Marilyn!!
Fabulous, Marilyn! Love the colors!!
fabulous canvas marilyn!! great colours again!!!
Oooooooo this is stunning Marilyn! I think she is beautiful! I love the way she holds out her arms and the flowing draped gown and wrap! Just diving!!!!!! the colors and the precious background looks to fit perfectly! I think that is interesting that started out as a nature scene and then became this wonderful dance! :0)Sometimes art has a life of it's own! Wheeeeeee!
Hugs,Patti
wow marilyn, I'm so enjoying watching your journey when it comes to drawing figure's, this lady is so very beautiful I love the way she is gracefully sweeping her arms in the air, the surrounding backround is fantastic too, keep up the good work:)
Oh Marilyn,
This is wonderful! Be proud of yourself and tell that "inner critic" to take a far away vacation! Ü
Oh, this is stunning, Marilyn. It is not at all comfortable kicking ourselves out of our comfort zone but so necessary. I find that I'm much more pleased with myself and my work when I do. You should be very proud of yourself. Thank goodness for gesso. It just allows us to undo and redo. Bravo, my friend!
I love the way she seems to be floating on air, but yes she does look a little forlorn.. perhaps a tiny little upward line at the edges of her gorgeous lips to make her seem happier. That's only if you want to change her though because I think she is beautiful the way she is :)
brilliant work,Marilyn!!:0)
xoxo
Absolutely stunning, Marilyn!!! :)
This canvas is incredible, Marilyn... as is all of your work here.
This has to be one of the most wonderful pieces I have seen you do! Don't you love it when you give up on a piece and it becomes what it should have been all along? They say that when you let go, that is when true creativity really reveals itself. I have had many pieces destined for the "circular file" ... years ago I would have simply dumped them, but now I know better and let the muse take over! I think that feeling of "oh what the heck, I was going to get rid of it anyway" frees any kind of preconceived ideas and lets you shine through. Nice, nice painting Marilyn!! xox Deb
http://vintagemoonstudio.typepad.com
Post a Comment