Sunday, August 3, 2008

Finding the beauty.......................


This weekend was very busy here with garage sale, tree service taking down trees in our neighbor's yard, roofer's working on another house next door - nuts!

This morning while having my coffee out in my favorite room of the house, I looked down at what was left of my neighbor's tree which is piled up in our yard as we're giving the wood to my husband's son who heats his "house" with wood. I really stared at the wood pieces and I found such beauty in them! I took some pictures and I think these will make some very good subjects for some painting starts.

The first picture is of part of the tree that fell over our house about a month and a half ago. This is the roof over my favorite room in our house. We were fortunate; no one hurt and no significant damage to the house. We will have to have the roof area replaced but it's not due to the tree falling.

Take a good look at these pictures and let your eyes and mind find your own beauty in these wood pieces. You may use these images, if you choose, as I'm going to use them for painting subjects and they will not come out looking like these at all. I'm learning more and more about painting and I've had opportunities to see the final results of some artists' works and their beginnings; it's amazing from start to finish!

I'll be adding a couple more images of more tree pieces soon for you to enjoy as much as I am.

Beauty really does surround us and I'd like to think taking these pictures, will kind of keep this tree alive in some way :) Corny, huh?

I'd love to read what you are seeing in these pieces if you leave comment :)

Hope you're all having a terrific weekend........................Much love, Marilyn xxoo


8 comments:

Alexandra said...

You found wonderful pieces. I see animals and flowers :)

bockel24 said...

The last one looks like a penguin to me, LOL ...
And the picture of the tree fallen on your house is very impressive - what a dangerous situation! I´m glad that there was no serious damage!

Kerri Jean said...

not at all corny - love the pics and your attempts to let the tree live on in your images and paintings... I see... okay, a fallen tree -- hard to get past that one. And a mushroom, and a bird silhouette, and great texture.

Femmy said...

Hi Marilyn! what a great pictures, and not at all corny!! I see mushrooms , and in the last one-- the darker piece looks like a little monkey, begging for food,

Patti G. said...

Hi Marilyn, Well, there is such beauty in the tree trunk and wood! I see a mushroom, then a dolphin jumping out of the water, and lastly a very whimsical old person leaning downward, wearing a cape and having a super long nose! :0)
Imagaination is where it is at! Hehehehe
Hugs,Patti

Anonova said...

I love the log with the fungus all over it... it looks like a multitude of stairs for tiny people!
What a fun exercise, Marilyn. :)

Laura said...

The second pic looks like a mushroom to me and the next I immediately thought Revolutionary War - muskets and all- odd 'cause I'm not a history buff. Love the texture of the fungus one.

Joy Logan said...

I could study them for hours...somedays I lay on my sofa on the sunporch and study the clouds and the forms they take for my entertainment.