Saturday, August 16, 2008

Students' Works Part I.....................:)






Today I taught a class at the Albany Art Room that is the first part of three. The technique begins with black gesso, leaving white spaces of interest, and painting, stamping with texture items and art stamps on heavy-weight watercolor paper. We worked on a large size and used mats to mark off areas that we really liked to use in future art projects.
I loved what the students did with these!
The first two were created by Karen Schupack (Proprietor of Albany Art Room). Karen used a couple of her very own block print stamps!
The next one was created by Jim Summa. He was able to mat off a whole 8 x 10 piece; as an abstract painting! Cool, huh?
The last two were created by Oona Edmands. I really like her white areas and balance of colors!
Fantastic job everyone!
I hope you're all having a safe and happy weekend. Love, Marilyn

13 comments:

Alexandra said...

Wonderful works! Have a nice Sunday Marilyn.

Femmy said...

they are great, so colourful!

DJ said...

Wow, these are great! A couple of them remind me of stained glass. Very nice!

Elizabeth said...

What lucky students to have you for their teacher!!!!! These pieces are wonderful and I am so glad that you are enjoying your teaching. I find that whenever I teach, especially kids, taht I get sooo much from the experience that I should be compensating them!!!
Your post below about your son's friend Shane is very moving- such a loss and so young but you obviously know taht he still lives on in your son and in your memories!!
Big Hugs!
Elizabeth

Sanja said...

these are fabulos!!:0)

Gaby Bee said...

These pieces are wonderful, Marilyn. I wish you a creative week.

Viola said...

These are also really great! Have a wonderful day, Marilyn! :o)

Kerri Jean said...

These are fabulous, and look sooo different from ours. I always love that about art. The same process in another's hands and through another's eyes and heart is never the same.

Heather Robinson said...

Oh how I wish you could come and teach me, my dear friend. Your students were obviously very inspired. So glad that you shared this with us.

Laura said...

Very nice student work, Marilyn, and as Kerri said so different from what we did! Last time's post of student work was beautiful, too.

Gillian .... said...

wonderful selection of art work Marilyn, your students are doing well:)

Joy Logan said...

Love these also! WOW.

Jacky said...

Fabulous technique...I would like to try that one day!