Monday, November 17, 2008

"Just Be".....................




This is an 8 x 10, Acrylic, Mixed Media piece that I had a chance to work on today. I call it Just Be as this image, that I found in a glamour magazine has a bit of a "tude" don't you think? She's very self assured. :) This image is a paint over technique that I did. I cut the image out, copied it in black and white then painted over it incorporating it into the collage. I love this technique and discovered it in an issue of Somerset Studio. The artist that created the technique is Lisa Bebi (her Blog is included in my list of favorites).
I decided to play with this painting in Photoshop (2nd picture) and thought this effect looks like the lights are all on her as she's struttin' down the runway at a designer fashion show!
I'm wishing you all a safe and happy week ahead! Love, Marilyn

7 comments:

DJ said...

Great collage, Marilyn! She does look like she has some attitude. :)

Patti G. said...

This is great fun.......love the vibrant colors and the tude of the gal! :0) The reds are great for her and the mood of the piece! Beautiful background too!
Hugs,Patti

Viola said...

Really great collage, Marilyn!!!

Femmy said...

again a great collage Marilyn, Love the vibrant colours~~

Gaby Bee said...

Once again a fabulous collage, Marilyn. Beautiful and impressive!
Love the bright red also.
Gaby xo

Heather Robinson said...

What a fascinating technique, Marilyn. So glad you shared it with us because you have used it wonderfully. I'm so enjoying your Photoshop work too! What a glamourous piece!

Alexandra said...

I love your collage and your Photoshop creation is wonderful.