Wednesday, April 22, 2009

BLOG GIVEAWAY!!!! Lavendar and Lace.............





















I think it's time for a Blog Giveaway don't you? To celebrate spring, I am offering this 5 x7 framed collage that I call Lavendar and Lace. There are two pictures, here, and I apologize, I just could NOT get a really good picture of this. I hope these two shots will give you a feel for this piece.

The frame is wooden, distressed with purple acrylics, sandpaper, scratching tools, etc. The lace piece is an accent along with some rusted metal pieces. The collage, itself, is under the glass and the background is from some extremely old French script paper that I used from an old book that I picked up at an antique shop. I think this is why the photo was hard to take as I used a varnish on the paper to really keep it archival. I kept getting nasty glares.

So; who wants to play? All you have to do is leave a comment, here, and I will add your name to the drawing.

The deadline for submitting your comment(s) is: Friday, May 1st. I will announce the winner over that weekend.

I hope you are all well and wishing you a happy day and upcoming weekend. Our weather forecast for our weekend, here, is incredible. The temps might even get into the low 80's! WOW!


Always know I appreciate the support and friendships you continuously offer me. I thank you!


Much love - Marilyn

28 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh! Oh ! Oh! i'm first to comment!! Marilyn! this is stunning!!! i love it! Lilac's ahve to be one of my favorite flowers and the whole collage is glorious!!! you are so generous dear heart!!
You ahve inspired me!! i must do a Happy spring Giveaway as well, soon!!
Happy Day!

Hugs!
Elizabeth

Patti Sandham said...

Count me in Marilyn!

You are so generous. It is a lovely piece.

Hugs Pattio

Kerri Jean said...

Since I was the recipient of the last giveaway (many thanks), I would forfeit my win... but I wanted to say happy spring and what a lovely piece.

deb said...

Gorgeous collage Marilyn, anyone would be over the moon to recieve this.

Happy Spring.

Anonymous said...

Happy Earth Day!!! What a great way to celebrate Spring.. and Earth day!! Laura
PS.. the piece is beautiful!!!

Gaby Bee said...

A really wonderful way to celebrate Spring, Marilyn. You are so generous! This collage has a lovely freshness and indeed it reminds me of spring!
Would love to be included. Thanks for the opportunity to win.
Happy Spring my friend!

Gaby xo

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend :) This piece is gorgeous. you are so generous in giving away such beauty. Enjoy th weather....our windows are wide open again today.

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn,
Happy Spring! OMG, this is such a stunning canvas! Love the Vintage "feel" you have caputured. Count me in. :)

Deb L. said...

And who wouldn't love to have a piece of your gorgeous work??! You are a generous soul, dear M. Happy Spring (and in the 80's this coming weekend... can you stand it?!) Sending hugs - xox

Diane J. Evans said...

Let's hope that the 10th comment is the charm, Marilyn -- I would LOVE to win this piece! I'd love to own ANY of your pieces -- what talent! You've inspired me once again to get back into the studio and create!

Diane

Heather Robinson said...

What a wonderfully generous blog giveaway. Honestly, is there anything more beautiful than a piece of your artwork? Whether I win it or not, I appreciate the chance to see your creations. Thank you for always being so supportive of my blog and artwork. It means more to me than you'll ever know. Big hugs,

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
What a beautiful piece and the colors are perfect for my bedroom! :0) Please count me in and as always, thanks for your BIG HEART!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I wanna play!!!! Oh, yeah!!! This is so beautiful, Marilyn!!!!
hugs, chris

Gillian .... said...

Hi Marilyn

Count me in your Lavendar & Lace giveaway, what another fantastic piece of art, your work never ceases to amaze me, love your new blog banner btw :)

Viola said...

What a wonderful piece, Marilyn! So lovely!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh! So beautiful. Pick me, pick me, pick me! What a great way to usher in Spring!

Sanja said...

just beautiful dear Marilyn.
please,count me in your gorgeous giveaway.
hugs
Sanja

Femmy said...

these are gorgeous marilyn!!
have a great, sunny weekend!

DJ said...

This is really beautiful, Marilyn! I've been missing your blog lately (since I moved I haven't had internet access at home).
Happy Spring!

lindacreates said...

Isn't this warm weather fabulous! Your giveaway is beautiful Marilyn. This is so generous of you. I love your work and would be thrilled if I won.

Joy Logan said...

Marilyn you are a very nice,sweet person! I want a journal page of yours instead please!!! Love them,am more into modern or contemporary,sorry!

Talking Horses Arts said...

This is beautiful! I know you do not know me...but I will be back. Love your blog! Very inspiring and you are very generous!
If possible I would love to enter your give away and have a chance to win this beautiful piece of art.
Thanks for sharing!
Andrea.

vintage wil said...

Ohh what a beautiful artwork! great image!!

bockel24 said...

Of course I´d love to have this piece on my wall! You´re soooo generous to give it away!

sue pelletier said...

Marilyn.....thanks for my blog check out....I Love your work!!
cheers,
sue

The Vintage Thread said...

Great work Marilyn - so gorgeous!

Alexandra said...

Your works are really stunning Marilyn. I love love love it :)

ute said...

what a wonderful artwork, you are so great, that you will it givwe away, thanks for your nice comments in my blog :-) and I wish you a nice weekend