Monday, April 20, 2009

Color!















I wanted to begin, this week, with some color. I am feeling joyous, today, and perhaps it is the onset of spring. We had a gorgeous weekend and today is gray, a little damp, and rain is soon approaching. However, we do need the rain so I will not complain :)

The pictures, here, are of some journal work I did in my sketchbook over the weekend. I wanted to work with bright colors to celebrate spring. It always offers us such hope, doesn't it? Our winter, here, was stressful and just didn't want to quit.

I hope you all are experiencing a feeling of joy, on this day, whether it's from the arrival of spring, creating your beautiful art, some good news,time spent with a special friend, etc. Mondays aren't always the easiest day of the week but my hope is you can find some joy in it - even if it's from a happy memory of your weekend.

Have a joyous day! Much love - Marilyn xxoo

13 comments:

Patti Sandham said...

Ooooo Colour! Love it. I don't do well without colour. Your pages show your joy. Wonderful!

Your previous post Encounter is especially great. I LOVE the textures and use of colour. Awesome!

Cheers

Diane J. Evans said...

Gosh, what great colors, Marilyn -- they speak directly to my heart! What medium did you use in your journal to create these?

Diane

Gaby Bee said...

Fabulous pages, Marilyn! I just adore your color choices. So well done with perfect details.
Gaby xo

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Wonderful color!!! Beautiful!!!!
chris p

Heather said...

Your journal pages are beautiful and vibrant! You are ready for spring!!! I enjoyed going through you art this evening and how I have missed you and your art. Hope all is well! Hugs, H

Patti G. said...

Thanks for giving my Moanday some happiness and joy through your art of color!!!!!!!!!! HOW wonderful!!!! Love it Marilyn!
Hugs,Patti

Jacky said...

These colourful pages are wonderful Marilyn... I love colour and it always makes me feel joyous and happy!
Thanks for sharing them with us!

Jacky xox

Kerri Jean said...

Love your celebration of spring. I can feel it in those pages. Great new blog header too Marilyn. Your spirit leaps off the pages.

Femmy said...

beautiful colors Marilyn!! love the use of the silhouettes here!!

Sanja said...

stunning colors. fantastic pages Marilyn!!:-)
xo
Sanja

Suz said...

Feel the emotion in your work
fantastic

Anonymous said...

Marilyn--these colors can't help but make me joyful! Gorgeous pages.

Viola said...

Great colors! Your pages look so fabulous, Marilyn!!!