
I just finished this piece for the nature show in May (see left sidebar for details). The picture has some shadows, in it, as I decided to take the photo after I framed the painting.
The inspiration for this piece was observing a couple of crows outside my back porch in the yard. They really gave me the feeling that they were meeting for the very first time. (The crows in this piece are stamps not from a photo I took). But; just watching these crows stare at one another for the longest time inspired me to put my feelings and thoughts down through a painting. That's the neat thing about our art, I find, is that we always don't need words to express ourselves right? :)
Have a wonderful day and hope you are experiencing beautiful weather to enjoy. I think we just "sprung" here this week :)
Much love and appreciation always........................Marilyn xxoo
13 comments:
What a lovely back-story to this piece, Marilyn -- and I agree that the great thing about art is using images to express your feelings! Continue with your lovely creations!
Diane
This is fantastic-love your inspiration and you know my love of crows is second only to yours!!!!
chris p
Your use of color and composition always conveys such energy to me Marilyn. And the patterns and textures always make me wish I could reach out and touch them. Happy spring!
Marilyn, your artwork is shining.....full of nature and wonder. I love the textured feel of this piece and it looks fantastic framed too! BEAUTIFUL!
Hugs,Patti
Absolutely Stunning!! Love all of the color and texture- perffect for your show!!!!
Did you know that crows form family groups and mate for life??? Very cool!
Hugs and Happy Spring!
Elizabeth
great!! love the bright colors in this!!
have a nice weekend!
Wow, Marilyn, you are so busy. Love all your recent pieces! Stunning artwork! Have a great weekend, my dear! :o)
Everything said is ditto for me Marilyn. You never cease to amaze me. Peggy
This is simply stunning!!!
Beautiful piece and I love the crows!
Jacky xox
Fantastic work Marilyn. Have a nice weekend. l.G. Alexandra
This is fantastic love your inspiration!!
.
thanks for you lovely comments on my blog
you like my link on your blog,
its alright.
hugs Wil
Your words are just as beautiful as your art. :) this piece is gorgeous. Love the crows and the colors on it.
Post a Comment