Monday, May 4, 2009

A little art journal time...............................



I made some time, this weekend, for a little art journaling. I really love this activity and now want to get into making my own handmade journals; but that will have to wait awhile. I also would love to take some book-binding classes :) One thing leads to another I find in this mixed-media world of mine. How about you?

These pages were created with acrylics, oil pastels, cheesecloth, using embossed wallpaper as a stamp, collage, you name it; it's in there :)

I really do enjoy having an art journal to turn to. If I come across a new technique, it's so freeing to be able to try it out in the journal where there's no pressure; just me, the pages and the mediums.

Here we are on the beginning of a new week already. I wish you all a safe, happy and joyous one ahead.

Much love.................................Marilyn xxoo


20 comments:

vintage wil said...

What a gorgeous atc s!!!

Carol Q said...

I wish I could journal like this Marilyn. these are just gorgeous.

bockel24 said...

These pages are just great, Marilyn! I especially love the cheesecloth background and the colour combination! Yes, doing more journaling and bookbinding is on my to do list, too!

Carolyn Abrams said...

Hi Marilyn, just wanted to say how beautiful your artwork is! your colorful combinations and your incorporation of life and nature is very inspiring. I look forward to seeing and reading more!

Kerri Jean said...

Love the cheesecloth texture. And if you do decide to make your own books, you should talk to Debbie Wachel - she is an expert at many styles of bookbinding.

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, your journal is stunning and I love these two pages! Your second with the bird is something......the backgrond GRABBED me, love the colors and texture. The first is deep in color and happiness......the flowers are wonderful too!
Great way to express your ideas, artfulness and new techniques! Ohhhhhh and you are so right Marilyn, one thing leads to another in mixed media....for sure! Hehehehe!
Hugs,Patti

Sanja said...

beautiful journal pages Marilyn.
big hugs
Sanja

ute said...

the pages are so great,
the background and colors in so beautiful combination

Patti Sandham said...

Love your pages. Especially the bird one, the background is so textured and earthy.

Cheers

deb said...

Just stunning, love the colouring of the first page.

Diane J. Evans said...

Oh, Marilyn, this first page is ME!! Those are my colors, and you've done the most fantastic job of creating art with them!! Any chance you'd want to recreate a page like this one for a commission??

Diane

Barb said...

Oh Marilyn, your latest journal pages are gorgeous. The violets are my favorite.
Wishing you an enjoyable week.
Barb
xox

Debbie said...

I just found your blog and I love your artwork! You really inspire me. :-)

Femmy said...

these pages are again really beautiful Marilyn!! love the colorcombos and the cheesecloth background!!

Alexandra said...

I love this pages. Can I send you my book :D Hugs Alexandra

Viola said...

Your pages are just gorgeous, Marilyn! Wonderful colors! Hehe, and it is a joy for me... you know what I mean! ;o)))

Ginger said...

Hey Marilyn, I just got you message on my blog. Thank you for letting me know that you recieved my ATC for Kerri and Avery. I don't know why my email didn't work. Sometime I write things and the letters run into one another. if you ever need to get ahold of me my email is fireangelreborn2000@yahoo.com.

Jacky said...

I do love art journals... beautiful pages Marilyn!

Jacky xox

Gaby Bee said...

Once again you have done a wonderful job with color and texture. These pages are really great. I especially love the first one with the cheesecloth background.
Gaby xo

Joy Logan said...

Nice pages! Love journaling.