
6 x 6
Mixed Media
This piece was part of my collage workshop at the Albany Art Room last Wednesday evening. I shared a background technique using text paper, acrylics, texture stamping, foils, etc. then collage.
But; the main thrust of the technique was using an image that has been printed out in gray scale, and then painting over to give the image a more "painterly" appearance.
I fell in love with this image of this boy and girl; I interpret their body language as they are at the end of their day of play and mischief. :) That little boy looks sassy, doesn't he?
At the very top of this piece is an old hinge that I picked up at a salvage warehouse, here in my area, during a "scavenger" trip with some friends.
I want to thank all who participated in my Blog giveaway and there surely will be more offerings in future.
Hope you are all having a good start to the week; I'm thinking of you and all be safe and stay well................Much love, Marilyn xxoo
19 comments:
Oh Marilyn, this is sooo fantastic!! My favorite...er...so far!! I love the images of the children, and the color is so vibrant, and all the little details, components, and overlays of color...WOW! I sure wish I could take a class from you!!
Lucky students!!
Wow this is stunning.
Very impressive piece. Love it.
Great page, Marilyn, and a great technique. I adore painting over gray images! Hugs, Terri xoxo
Marilyn, what a beautiful piece and the colors are great! LOVE the feel!!!!!!
Your blog looks fantastic and your smiling FACE in the profile is awesome! <3
Hugs,Patti
Marilyn,
I love this. I wish I also could take a class. Do you have a new photo of your self..I like it.
Take care,
Katelen
adorable image and I love the way you painted it in!
adorable image and I love the way you painted it in!
Marilyn, the little girl and the little girl are so sweet and cute. Wonderful background, great colours and fantastic design!
lovely cheerful creation Marilyn. what a cute image you found too.
Marilyn
your piece is just adorable. I love the wonderful vibrant background and the sweet image...charming work as always! :)
Marilyn, you are soooooo busy. Nice work here as always and will look forward to a class in the future with you.
You find the most wonderful images and interpret them in the most beautiful ways, Marilyn!
Diane
Oh Marilyn, I love it! The background is gorgeous and I love the images you have used. That painterly look is very effective.
Wonderful piece!
Jacky xox
Marilyn you are so awesome,I love the little boy and girl too.
Very well done art piece, your such a bright star, you light up my day !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Biggest Hugs,Laura.
it's just beautiful marilyn!!
I love it! The colors and bright feeling of the piece and I agree: The boy looks a little "sassy"!
Ooooh, I love the colours of this piece!
I love everything about this piece, but particularly the energy in the color combo. It totally draws me in (also the hinge, of course!!!!)
I love this Marilyn! Your background has such wonderful texture and so many great things going on. The children are adorable. I am impressed by your painting of them. That scares me a bit! :-)
Post a Comment