Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Dreamer"

This is a photo of a small mixed-media piece I worked on this week. It's approx. 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and I call it Dreamer.

I hope you are all having a good week and also want to remind you that this Sunday, Nov. 8th is the deadline for participating in my Blog giveaway (previous post).

I'll be announcing the winner Monday morning :)

Love to all and have a safe and happy weekend ahead.

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

21 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

oh Marilyn! I love this quote and the piece matches it perfectly!

Terri Kahrs said...

I love the movement and emotion this collage evokes. Beautiful! Hugs, Terri

Diane J. Evans said...

Oooh, I love her skirt -- or tutu, if you will! She's a dreamer, by golly -- you illustrated the quote beautifully, Marilyn!

Diane

Sandy said...

Wow this is very inspiring. Truly beautiful. Love them.

sharon said...

You translated this beautifully Marilyn!! It's perfectly gorgeous!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh la la! Marilyn I love this piece...her dress is fabulous that texture sets everything...:) I hope you have a wonderful and happy weekend...I am trying to figure out how to get done all I need to do! ;) HUGS!

Janny said...

What a great dream piece,it's really beautiful!! Have a good weekend also;o)

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Just fabulous!!!!

Laura Haviland said...

Sweetest"talent" Marilyn,
This is so dreamy and lovely.
I love the colors and the whole concept of this piece. It is so peaceful and stunning.
Truly a brilliant piece of art work.
Thanks for sharing.
I still have my cold and it is getting better. Thank you for asking.
Again outstanding art work.
Just got home awhile ago from the hospital,busy these days.
Hugs,Laura.xoxx

Barb said...

It's lovely Marilyn!....you have captured movement wonderfully.

Femmy said...

beautiful piece, love the texture and her dress is gorgeous!!
Have a great weekend!
hugs femmy

Jacky said...

Beautiful canvas. I love the moon and that gorgeous tulle skirt!

Jacky xox

Viola said...

Very beautiful piece! Love it! Have a great weekend, my dear!

jgr said...

Hi Marilyn,
I love the dancer! We are on the same page this week, I guess! My favorite part is the texture of her dress and her expression. Have a great weekend!

Martina said...

Wow - this is gorgeous.
Really wonderful work, Marilyn!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

hey- I see sweet BEAUTIFUL you in your avatar!!! doing a happy dance...hello my friend! ;)

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful and inspired Marilyn- I love her movement and the fact that her face is very vague/unknown like a dream- wonderful!

Moniqui said...

Very pretty!

Heather Robinson said...

Oh I love everything about this piece Marilyn. It has the most beautiful sense of movement and flow about it. I just picture this woman dancing in the twilight to a song that is all her own. Big hugs...

Sanja said...

absolutely gorgeous Marilyn!
hugs
Sanja

ute said...

it is so wonderful and full of happiness
I love it, I wish you a good week