This is a different style, for me, but I found I really enjoyed working on this.The picture, here, is a cover of a handmade journal I made. I've been working on it, as I can, and I finally finished it.
The covers are made of hard boards. The signatures are hot press 140 lb. watercolor paper.
This is the picture of the front cover and most of the papers you see, here, I made myself with acrylic mediums, paints and tissue paper. I created them with a nature theme in mind.
You will notice some stamping on some of the papers using Fred Mullett stamps. I love his stamps and haven't used them enough. I felt they were perfect for this project.
One of my favorite quotes is "gotta love the EVERYDAY". This is a Tim Holtz stamp and I used it on this cover to remind me of my goal with this journal :)
My goal is to create something, in this journal, every day. We'll see how far I get with that goal - lol! I'll keep you posted :)
Hope you are all well and enjoying your week. We are approaching another weekend and wishing you all a safe and joyous one!
Love to all - Marilyn xxoo
24 comments:
Great cover! Don't you just love Tim Holtz? He does some wonderful things, and so do you!
Diane
Marilyn, your journal is exquisite! It was created so lovingly and with so much though, I'll bet it's a joy to play in! Wishing you many happy creative hours! Hugs, Terri xoxo
Marilyn, this is sooo beautiful! You are truly an inspiration to me! I am working on a journal too, so very sloooooooowly..
What a beatiful cover! The papers are great... I love the composition and colors here. Art every day? A terrific goal!! Let us know how you do :0) xox Deb
I love this!!! Beautiful cover!!!!!
Hey Marilyn,
Cool journal! And I love the quote too. Using everyday stuff, everyday. Love the duel meaning. Good luck with your goal.
Happy Creating.
Hugs
Wow great cover.
This is unbelievable. Wonderful design.
Have a great weekend my friend.
This cover is terrific, Marilyn! Love this new direction in your art - love ALL of your art.
Beautiful profil picture :-)
beautiful cover!! love it!
have a great weekend too!
This journal cover is totally stunning, good to try new things.
Marilyn your so talented and the most beautiful person !!!!!!!!
I truly enjoy the new look of your blog, fabulous.
Have the best day, I am off to the hospital again today.
I hope all goes well?
Hugs, Laura.
Happy creating,myfriend. xoxx
Wonderful cover. I hope that you continue with this journal and journey.
Katelen
Great cover. So much texture. I also love Fred Mullett images. Good stuff. Have fun with it everyday!!!
Great cover. So much texture. I also love Fred Mullett images. Good stuff. Have fun with it everyday!!!
Fantastic cover, dear Marilyn! I like the applications you have used.
Great artwork. Wish you a nice weekend!
I love the colours on this journal.
http://www.romancingtheartistwithin.blogspot.com
Beautiful cover Marilyn- a feast for the eyes -wonderful assemblage of elements!
Oh Marilyn, I just love this piece.
The colors, textures and everything about it says nature and you. My question is, how many pages are in it? That will tell for how long you stay with it. LOL.
Have fun. Love you
wow! that is a hearty goal! best wishes on that and the cover is great!
My sweet Marilyn, Now I know what you look like thanks to your photo...is that new or am I just really slow? What a pretty and serene face you have! Now on to this marvelous journal. Bravo to you for working in a new style because it becomes you. I applaud your goal to create in it everyday. It inspires me!!
Marilyn, your journal came out beautifully and you have a goal of creating something daily! That is wwwwwwwwonderful! ENJOY it and that cover is so textural and fun!
xoxoxoxo
Hugs,Patti
This journal looks like a fun place to play in!
Marilyn
as usual your art is fabulous! I love the wonderful colors you combined and the sweet embellishments! beautiful! :)
HI Marilynn,
Your journal is great! You put me to shame LOL!
I can't wait to see what's next.
What a wonderful piece of art! Really a great cover, Marilyn!!
Post a Comment