Monday, November 23, 2009

Little things :)



I do enjoy creating little things; as I've realized that so much can be jam-packed on tiny surfaces. Fun!

These are pictures of a couple of little projects I worked on for exchanges. One picture is of 3 house-themed ATC's. If you click on the picture, it will give you a larger view and see those tiny flowers in two of the ATC's? Those are dimensional and a product called Flower Soft. A friend, of mine, steered me to these and they're amazing. They come in different colors. This particular line is called Heather. I use an acrylic medium to adhere them. They are kind of spongy and really add a realistic touch. The second picture is holiday ornaments I created using optical lenses.

I hope you've all had a nice weekend; it is the beginning of a holiday week and I want to take the time, here, to extend my wishes, to all of you, that you find peace, comfort, and joy from the traditions of your holidays!!

Personally, I have lots of things to be thankful for, in my life, and one of them is the connections I have made with all of you! Thank you for your visits, lovely comments and your friendships! You are all treasures!

Love and peace to all! Marilyn xxoo

22 comments:

vintage wil said...

Ohhh wowww this is soooo lovely!!!!! what a beautys!!

Caterina Giglio said...

because they are tiny, I am tempted to say they are so cute, but that would do disservice to your awesome pieces, they are really beautiful!
have a beautiful holiday, Marilyn!

Patti G. said...

Love the home atcs and the sweet flowers! How intricate and gorgeous! Your ornaments are full of Holiday Cheer and happiness!
Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Terri Kahrs said...

Marilyn, your atc's are outstanding - love those tiny flowers. And the ornaments are superb! Your work is always so pretty! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Marilyn! Hugs, Terri

Martina said...

Marilyn, the house-ATC`s with the tiny flowers are fantastic. And I love the holiday ornaments, too. Great artwork as always!!!

Elizabeth said...

Your ATC's are wonderful and I love the floral touch!! I will keep my eyes open for that embelishment!! You know how much I love your ornaments!! Such a treasure.
Happy thanksgiving to you too my friend!! I am so grateful for you!!
Hugs and lots of PIE!!
Elizabeth

sharon said...

These are great Marilyn! You have soooo much detail in every one of these pieces, and they are all so lovely! Thank you for your kind wishes, and hope your holiday is blessed also!

Helen Bosch said...

Beautiful Marilyn. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Helen B.

johanna said...

the idea of optic lenses for ornaments is great, they turned out wonderful!
i can see why you are hooked on the "flower soft"... they look great!

Sandy said...

Oh wow these are stunning.
Fantastic design.

Diane J. Evans said...

Beautiful designs, Marilyn -- what great gifts they'll make! Lucky recipients!

Diane

fran pascazio said...

Love the ATC's, but LOVED the optic lens "ornaments" - they are beautiful....very clever indeed!

Heather Robinson said...

My dear Marilyn....love the wee flowers on your houses. I've never heard of this product...must go and see if I can find it. It is such a treat to see all of your Christmas tree decorations. I just feel so honoured to be the proud recipient of one of them.

Kerri Jean said...

lovely - all of them - I particularly love the lense ornaments. They're just so sparkly and perfect.

Deb L. said...

Lovely ornaments and love those flower embellishments... haven't seen them before! They look so great and bet they look even better in person :0)Have a good week, dear M! xox

Jen Crossley said...

Wow these are divine

Jacky said...

What wonderful festive ornaments! Love the ones with the lenses! They would look so beautiful adorning the Christmas tree.

Jacky xox

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Beautiful!!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

each one of these is just precious! lovely work from a lovely person! :)

Gaby Bee said...

Marilyn, your ATCs are fabulous. I love the addition of these tiny flowers! I haven't seen them before.
Your xmas ornaments are gorgeous as well.
Thank you so much for your kind wishes.
Hope your holiday was great :-)

Viola said...

Wonderful artpieces again! Just gorgeous!!

Femmy said...

these are gorgeous!!!!