
I had some creative energy to spend today and this is what I love about art journaling. I know it's something I can always turn to.
This is a picture of a page I did, in my journal. It started out with a mask of a "glam" as I call it. I love choosing images from a glamour magazine as they offer great poses. The mask got a bit out of control, so I ended up "dressing" her up with some toile tissue paper and some really beautiful crepe paper that I ordered from Paper Whimsy.
This page's background began with Aqua Color crayons and gesso. I added some stamping, foils, text paper inclusions and more. The sides were distressed with graphite and Nevr Dull.
I'm happy I took some art time, today, as starting tomorrow will be some of the food prep work for Thanksgiving and other errands in preparation for the holiday.
Have a healthy and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Coming soon..............more student works.
Much love always - Marilyn xxoo
21 comments:
OMG this is very inspiring.
Amazing background and stunning work. Love them.
oooh lovely, lovely. what a gorgeous background Marilyn.
Love this page, Marilyn! Just took a few minutes to catch up with blogland before I, too, begin running around like (a you know what!)!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Terri xoxo
PS - What's "never dull"?
A beautiful journal page- I love her pose and textured attire- beautiful colors and expression Marilyn!
Ohhh Mariyln! Everythime I come over here it is like a feast for the eyes! This is gorgeous!! I wish you would consider teaching an online class.....I need to learn so much! When I see your depth of layering I am in awe!
I love the way you approach things that have "gotten a bit out of control" -- you turn them into masterpieces! This is gorgeous, Marilyn!
Diane
Your collage is just lovely! Beautiful textures!
Glam magazines are my favorites, too!
I like to take the pictures and put them on a light box and trace the poses...i mix and match the shoes, arms, legs, hair etc and come up with my own original pose....sure beats drawing!
Marilyn, this is awesome!!!!
Love the variety of colours and materials you've used in this piece.
very glam! love toile!
Gorgeous page!!
This is beautiful. Truly.
Katelen
Marilyn
another amazing piece! I love your background colors and composition...I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am blessed to know you! :)
the texture of this page is totally amazing!! love all these layers (the heart stamp from tim holtz, swoooon...)and the clothes of the girl are wonderful!
have a great thanksgiving, marilyn!
I always I admire how much detail you put into your pieces, Marilyn. This page is simply amazing, love the whole composition.
Marilyn your work is awesome I have admired your work for years your one of a kind
Jen
Ps Happy Thanksgiving to you
Stunning background! This is really gorgeous! As usual! ;) Have a great weekend, Marilyn!
This page is so gorgeous!
She's a beauty Marilyn. Colors are gorgeous and composition wonderful.
beautiful!!! love the skirt!!!!
This is one of those pieces you could lose yourself in. Wonderful.
(and really loving your students work too...you must be very proud that so much has been achieved)
This is wonderful!!!
Post a Comment