
This is an 8 x 10 mixed-media piece I did last week. I'm keeping up with my angel series; it's where my muse is keeping me.
I drew this figure and then painted it using acrylics, Caran D'ache crayons. The "model" is from a postcard of a Waterhouse image. I decided to turn her into an Angel of Dreams.
Do you dream? I usually do not; which I find odd and maybe I do but just don't remember - maybe that's for the good :)
When it comes to art, however, I "day dream". Visions enter my mind and sometimes I just go, with it, and I can actually see a beginning of an art piece. This mostly happens when I take my morning walks; it's a very reflective time, for me, and nature usually has a way of providing me with inspiration.
I like to think of dreams as the seed for possibilities. Without dreams, we might not have something to aim for, hope for or wish for. Dreams turn into realities, for some, and if we didn't let our minds drift, a bit, either at night or during the day, we might not achieve some of the things that we are trying to create or accomplish.
Thinking of all of you throughout my day!
"Sweet Dreams"................................Love, Marilyn xxoo
29 comments:
Look at your faces!!! You are really soaring along in that area!! Great piece!
Dreams are the Touchstones of our Characters." Can't imagine, and don't want top try , where this world would be without dreams!!!! I also adore your new Banner!!
Happy Spring, Dear Friend!!!
Your new banner is great, so Spring!
This is a wonderful angel and a beautiful post, daydreaming is the best.
Sophia is just adorable, lucky you to have this precious grandbaby to love.
Oh wow this is absolutely beautiful.
Fantastic creation. Love them.
Everytime I think I have found my favorite of yours, you make me a new one!! This is absolutely, hands down, the best...the face, the colors, composition, message...I looove it Marilyn!
Hi Marilyn,
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Your blog header is to die for, it is awesome!! Ü
Marilyn, I eagerly look forward to seeing your next angel, and you never disappoint! She's LOVELY! Your work has really progressed. Hugs, Terri xoxo
This is simply wonderful, M. I love, love the face of this beautiful angel... your talent is just soaring!!! Hope all is well - xox Deb
I'm loving your new banner,and I love your new dream angel. Her face looks like she's daydreaming. Can't wait to see the next in the series. And yes I'm a dreamer both at night and during the day!
I L. O. V. E. - love this piece, way to go, and I do see the waterhouse influence, but it is so much you and I think very powerful!
Yes, I´ve recognized the Waterhouse woman, but your painting just makes her a different person - gorgeous!
Oh, Marilyn, your just getting better and better at this. That's the way I am too. When my mind is wandering-- is when it creates.
Marilyn-- this is just stunning!!!!!!!
I love her, and this whole theme!
I do dream and I sometimes wake up and remember every last detail, including COLORS and then other times...not as much! Throughout the day, sometimes I lose some of it though! Strange right??
Anyways, I do love love this piece and thing it is super special!!
Hugs,Patti
Oh YES M! PreRaphaelite (sp?) is exactly what I thought of when I saw your gorgeous DREAM angel!
I've just recently had some very vivid and crazy dreams...can only wonder WHERE they came from!
My daydreams have been sweet and fun!
Your angel series is such a delight ... can't wait for another and another :)
Happy St Paddy's day to ya!
oxo
She is another wonderful angel expression Marilyn and your new banner blows me away- love it!
Wonderful banner-I love this gorgeous piece, too.
Your angel is lovely... and your new blog header is beautiful...
My favorite quote:
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream...
Anatole France
what a beautiful painting!! love it!!
I agree with Elizabeth. Your faces are wonderful (the whole piece is wonderful) and your banner is really striking.
I don't remember my dreams either but daydreaming I can do well.
Hi Marilyn,
Gorgeous rendering and I applaude you for your talents. I've been meaning to take Pam C.'s class as I used to love to draw portraits. This beautiful piece is inspiring me to follow through!!
Just beautiful work!
Dreams - neat that you have those visions.
When I was in grad school, I never remembered my dreams. Like you, I thought I didn't dream. I was part of a study, and tried to remember my dreams, but for the life of me, I couldn't. I was convinced I no longer dreamed. Now I dream on occasion. I know I dream every night, but don't remember them.
However, like you, I do day dream. I go into an almost hypnotic state and can stay there for quite awhile. Thoughts flow in and out, and I come up with some good, and sometimes strange, art ideas.
Your Angel of Dreams is amazing. I'm glad you are continuing this series. Your angel is perfect for day dreaming.
I see you changed your blog banner again. Love the latest with its spring look.
Your angel is wonderful, Marilyn, and I do dream vividly and remember most of them. When I was a young girl in elementary school, I had "continuing" dreams and couldn't wait to go to sleep to see how the story would continue. Hmmmmmm. I still remember my dreams every night. I am also a fond supporter of daydreams! They help in our creative ventures. Lovely post!
I don't know how you do it, but I'm inspired. If it weren't so late at night I'd go right to my room and start a painting myself.
Your angel of Dreams is wonderful and I agree with all the way about dreams, either day dreams or night dreams. Nice work Marilyn.
Love her wings! I think we can be so inspired by either our daydreams or our dreams at night -- although MY dreams are usually too weird to turn into a piece of art!
Diane
Oh Marilyn this is a beauty piece.
I love the theme,just a beautiful Angel.She is a another amazing winner.... Wow !!!
Love you lots and enjoy visiting you big time.LOL
Your kindness shines from this piece.
Big Hugs, Laura. xoxx
Just love this special Angel of Dreams. I love to dream while I sleep, although it's hard for me to remember them. While I'm awake, rather than dream- I think i'm constantly envisioning! It can be overwhelming- just thinking of all I want to do- but the energy created is unmatched! Thanks for this lovely post on dreaming!
Marilyn your Angel painting is stunning! I love love love it!!! The colors are fantastic! Have a nice weekend. Hugs Alexandra
Oh, Marilyn, this is gorgeous!!! I love the colors & the wings!!!Background is perfect, just 'dreamy'!!! Love her face!!! Girl you're getting better everyday!!!
Great new banner!!! One of your creations?!!!
Sophia is soooo cute!!!
Dream? I'm sure I do sometimes!!!
Your muse is guiding you on a wonderful series of angels to paint. Dreams are such an amazing part of our lives. Happy creating...
I admire that beautiful picture with a fascinating face.A stunning creation.
Hugs Anja
Post a Comment