Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Looks Like Home"........................


I took some time to practice some journaling today. We're having the inside of our house painted and things are a bit disrupted but it will be worth it when it's over. I'm already starting to feel an airiness and freshness, in the house, with earthy colors and white trim. We were long overdue for this.

I think all of this has inspired me, today, to sit down at my art table and journal. It's beginning to "look like home" here, now, as two rooms are finished and back together but different; not the way they were originally and I'm finding I like this change. It's rejuvenating; a new beginning.

I hope you and yours are all well and you've had some welcome changes in your life. Change is not always easy and it's not always good. But; there are changes that are welcome and I think, with me anyway, it's fear of it that I am coming to learn to face. After all; just about the only thing permanent, in this life, is change.

What are your thoughts on this? I'd love to read them.

Warm thoughts of all of you are always with me.................Love, Marilyn xxoo

20 comments:

Debby said...

Beautiful page. I bet you will love your house when they are done, sounds beautiful.
debby

Caterina Giglio said...

oh painting in the house and on the page! lovely! love white trim! so clean and fresh! this is a great page!

creativelenna said...

"things change"
This is so true. i have learned it is best to embrace that fact!!

Your journal page is very inviting, marilyn. It makes me want to work in a journal too! : O ) lenna

Jill Zaheer said...

What a great journal page. Yes, change is different, and often takes us out of our "comfortable" place. But i find that it brings us to a better place that we get to plan and make that much more "us" even if it's different. Just think, you are selecting the colors, the style and will be putting everything back exactly where you like. And the best part of a painting is the wonderful feeling of starting fresh- new and full of new energies that are just welcoming to come out!

sharon said...

Love your page Marilyn...it is you in art! I have come to expect change , and I don't always take to well with it, but I try to be better at being open , and to roll with it.

Sandy said...

Gosh what a very striking page.
Your painting rock.
Really special and absolutely unique.

Have a lovely weekend my friend.

~*~Patty S said...

Love the inspiration behind your creation ... the colors are splendid, her dress and the combination of textures is brilliant!

I bet you will enjoy your fresh new walls!

I am slow with some change ... I come around eventually, but I know what I like and change just for change sake is not my cup of tea ... if that makes sense *ggg*
Happy Friday M!
oxo

fran pascazio said...

Oh Marilyn, CHANGE! I could write a book! I think the problem with embracing change is the "unknown". Changes change things, takes you out of your comfort spot and you’re not quite sure how the new spot will fit. One thing I especially don't like to change is an appliance. You can't take them home and try them awhile to see if you like them. You buy them and you’re stuck. But we can't let that stop us. You forge through and see what happens - if you don't like the new change you can always change it again!!!
Love when a room has new paint - feels great - hate, hate, hate to be disrupted. This is the best time of year for new colors and a clean fresh wall...brings spring indoors.
Love your page; love all your pages..
Good wishes...

Buffy said...

Hi Marilyn,your journal page is gorgeous! As for me I'm like you I fear change but I also know that thats a part of life and it always happens.But like you said sometimes its better.Well your change in your house sounds like a nice change.

Anonymous said...

HI Marilyn,

Great post on your journey through change and your journal through change. It's funny how a simple paint job can change your whole perspective of your home and make it like a new place again. Change new eyes, new thoughts, new views. It's what we do every day?
At least it feels that way to me.

Createology said...

How nice to get fresh new paint and to change your rooms within your home. I especially like the fact that you sat down to journal and found some art time to document this phase of change. The unknown for me is always intimidating and I am always trepidacious. Usually afterwards I am just fine and realize I should have embraced the changes. Happy journaling...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how your art skills are changing and becoming more "Marilyn" defined. You are coming into your own style. And I see it in this journal page, too. Sorry I'm so late getting here for this thought provoking post.

So, which came first, the remodel change or the art change? Do they coincide or are they simply random bits of life that collided in coincidence?

Terri Kahrs said...

Your style is really beginning to become evident, and this piece is outstanding, Marilyn! Your "new" changes sound like they're doing you a world of "good". Sometimes change IS good!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Diane J. Evans said...

I hate change -- our favorite restaurants go out of business, my favorite TV shows get cancelled, my extended family grows up and moves away -- it all saddens me. I need to change the way I look at "change" -- not easy, but I'm trying.

Love the new piece!

Diane

Marlynn said...

Very nice page in your art journal. Change can mean so many things... the good, the bad, and the ugly - - all depending on how we adjust. The change that comes along with cleaning out and freshing a room is always so tiring and exciting at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing.

johanna said...

first of all: your journaling is great!!! love that page!

change, well... when change happened, i´m often happy afterwards... but if not only were the fear i have before!!

but the refreshing of your house surely will be great! we are doing something like that as well - new floors, fresh walls... that is absolutely uplifting and now i think why didn´t we make it earlier;)

Femmy said...

again such a beautiful piece Marilyn!! you are so creative with colours and textures!!!
have a great weekend!
hugs femmy

Martina said...

What a stunning page, dear Marilyn!
Love the colors and the complete design!

Unknown said...

This is amazing! I love your work...just found your blog and will be back for more visits!

Lynne said...

Love this piece!! Colors are just gorgeous. Love the addition of the nest...def a 'homey' touch!!
Change is one of those things that can take you either into fear or happiness. I def struglle with that one, esp at work. But I find it refreshing & invigorating at home.