
Hello everyone! I'm wishing you a safe and happy week ahead. Congratulatons to Gail Jefts for winning my Blog giveaway. I heard back, from her, and it will be in the mail by week's end - fun!
I did get a little art in, last week, and this is an 11 x 14 canvas work - mixed media.
I used to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator years, ago, and, in fact, that is how I got my start into the art world. :)
My favorite SU set was "Nellie the Nest Lady" and I had a stamp sale, a few years ago, at my house and SOLD HER! AGH! Now; I want her back and see that she is a retired set and quite expensive. Oh well. I'll check around. A friend, of mine, warned me about selling stamps that someday I might be looking for a particular one and she was right. :)
So; this was the inspiration for this piece here. I sketched "Gertie" and tried to go with my memory of "Nellie". The cone flowers were sketched and painted in with heavy acrylics, lots of collage, etc.
Thinking of all of you, hope you had a wonderful weekend and no one was effected by those terrible storms over the weekend in the mid west. Tornado watches were around all weekend, here in our area, which is very unusual. We did get a doozie storm, yesterday, and our area had some minor damage.
All be safe and enjoy your week ahead.......................Love always - Marilyn xxoo
25 comments:
Yeah this is perfect.
Fantastic new creation. Big applause.
fantastic Marilyn!!
I just love this,all the colors,everything about it. Gorgeous.
Love all the texture and bright cheery colors of the garden! xox Corrine
try ebay for your stamp, it can't be that hard to find! love the flowered hat!
I really like this creation Marilyn
Sad that you can't find that stamp again. But looks like you don't really need it LOL
Cheers
This piece is just gorgeous Marilyn!! I love that vibrant pink, just like summer, and the bird too!! The whole picture makes me feel good!
Marilyn,
The Gertie piece is wonderful! Love all the colors and textures. The cone flowers are terrific - everything. Looks like you had alot of fun with this one! It shows!
Oooh, I am totally loving this, Marilyn--love it!!
Being outdoors in Rochester at an outdoor art show yesterday was a challenge with the weather!!
Just beautiful Marilyn!
hey Marilyn! this is fantastic! i love the colors, imagery, layers and texture! Gorgeous!!
maria
fab Marilyn, love the flowers on her hat and what gorgeous colours (as ever!) stay safe from the weather!
You might not have had the stamp you wanted but this piece is great and has lots depth....
I love your new banner.....I love you keep changing them; I don't have the courage.......
Hugs and blessings
Beautiful!
I love the colors of the flowers and the bird is great!
WOW!!! Your new Garden Lady is fabulous.
Debby
I can't believe this was inspired by an old SU image. I always thought their stamps were too "cute." I sure like this lady, though. And her hat is perfect, especially with the bird on top.
Has your blog been down today? I have been unable to post OR leave comments since Sunday afternoon. I'm glad they finally got the problem fixed, because I was needing my Marilyn fix (grin).
I forgot to mention, we also had tornado watches Saturday night and Sunday, and rain most of today. I'm sure glad you are safe.
Your Gertie is just wonderful in her lovely garden hat and what a garden backdrop!!! Beautiful M!!!
Funny about finally getting rid of things, isn't it ... isn't there a rule that usually about two weeks after you do, you need the item ... showing my keeper mentality here ;)
Hope Nellie the Nest Lady finds her way back to you!
oxo
Oh, Marilyn - I love your Gert! She is wonderful - your art work is splendid. I got started in this "art" world by buying the stamping up stamps. I eventually outgrew them but have hung on to a few of them. I'll check around with my friends to see if any of them have Nellie. Have a wonderful evening!
i sold su too! Love the lady and the bird! The cone flowers are awesome!! so much depth to them!
Oh, I love Gertie! Great colors, too. I bet that someone will have or find the stamp...you have so many friends and contacts. :)
Love her!
Love this piece Marilyn!!!
Your story is another example of a reason why it is so very ahrd to get rid of anything...... SIGH!!!!
I think that your representation is so much more 'Marilyn' than any stamp set could ever be!!!!!!!
Fabulos piece.Love it!
Sanja xox
Fabulous piece! great work and collours!!
Post a Comment