Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Just Be"


This is a journal spread that I worked on last week and still have a little more I want to do with it. This journaling has really gotten a hold, of me, in a very special way. It helps me work through some things.

This reflects my feelings I've had, lately, of prioritizing my time more. I have been "moving and shaking" a bit too much over the past year. :)

I do know that my two top priorities are family and friends. Without either one, I truly feel I couldn't create the art that I do.

So; I am going to "Just Be" here for a couple of weeks. I'm helping my son and daughter-in-law out with watching Sophia for the month of June until my son's school year ends in a couple of weeks.

I will be with Sophia every day, during the week, for most part, until the end of June. I am so enjoying, this opportunity, and time with her. She has rocked my world :)

I might be a little "quiet" during this time, and will try to touch base, on your Blogs as I can. After all; I don't want to miss out on what you are all creating and expressing.

Just know that you all are my wings of support and friendships and sharing art and life, with you, mean so much!

Be well, happy and peace at heart; I'll be back, posting, when I can.

Much love - "Grandma" Marilyn xxoo




33 comments:

fran pascazio said...

Marilyn,
This is a great spread....love the women's demeanor!!!!! Great prompt as well - Just Be.

Being Sophia's grandma is the best thing in the world. Take it from experience, though, by the end of the month you'll need a long nap!

good wishes

Marlynn said...

Hey, Grandma - I betcha rock little Sophia's world also. This is a very special time for both of you. Enjoy...... Hugs

Buffy said...

How exciting that you get to help out with sophia. You're going to have so much fun,enjoy her. I love your journal spread.

Butterfly Works said...

Marily, I really like this journal spread....It's amazing how we are feeling and things we are dealing with come out in our art.....
You go and make wonderful memeories with Sophia and we will be here when you get back all filled and refreshed from being Grandma......Take lots of pictures; as you know they are priceless....maybe you can share some of them with us...
Hugs and blessings

Sandy said...

Wow this is perfect. Wonderful as always. Love the different images. Great.

~*~Patty S said...

wonderful pages Marilyn ... it's clear you are letting things flow ... your lady's stance is so powerful and endearing!

One of my favorite mantras is "let it go"

enjoy your special time with your precious Sophia ... it warms my heart to think of you two spending quality time together ... these are the days!
oxo

Patti Sandham said...

Marilyn, I love this spread! Wow the womans stance and face are fantastic!

Cherish your time with Sophia.

Hugs

Martina said...

I love your pages, Marilyn and the image is exquisite. Wonderful work!!!! BRAVO!!!!

Caterina Giglio said...

lovely! yes stop and smell the roses!

sharon said...

Enjoy all the time you can with Sophie...it goes by all too quick we know!! Nothing else would matter without family and friends.
Beautiful spread Marilyn!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marilyn, the face is so serene, this spread is wonderful. Enjoy Miss Sophia, and your time to just play with her!!! xox Corrine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This journal spread rocks my world. I could never create anything like that. Priorities are the thing. I can certainly understand. But hey, dear friend, you have a camera, and you have a willing subject (Sophia) who we would all love to see more of. So update when you can, but also update on the little things from your day.

Peggy Beck said...

Love your journal spread, your new header and your spending time with Sophia. Enjoy her every expression and capture some of them for portrait practice on your camera. Have fun and see you when you can.

Janny said...

It's looking beautiful! Great that you can expres yourself in it. You are doing a great job. Enjoy your time with Sophia!

Unknown said...

Great spread! I love it!

Laura said...

This is a beautiful spread, Marilyn!

I know just what you're saying, as we've talked about. I know you'll enjoy her baby years as you know that before you know it, she'll be off to Kindergarten like Lily next year!

.Trudi Sissons said...

Hi Marilyn - well spoken like a true wise woman - I wonder... does a grandchild give you a whole different 'perspective' on things that matter? How has she changed you? I hope you take all the time you need to slow down to the speed of mindful living. It's so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of doing doing doing isn't it?

Thanks for your visits to my blog - I wanted you to know how much I appreciate them and how your encouragement touches me.

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

You are so lucky to have this wonderful time with Sophia! How fun is that!! Enjoy and smell the roses!
Each day is precious.

Debby said...

Marilyn, I am happy you have time to spend with Sophie! We can never get these precious times back and they grow up so fast. I love this beautiful piece of art, really stunning.
Debby

Kimber said...

Your "Just Be" piece is great.
And how special to get to "BE" with Sophia for so much of June. Just think, down the road a bit the two of you will be playing at art projects together! How special that'll be for both of you!
Enjoy your time with Sophia! Everything else will wait.
Take good care!

Anonymous said...

Wooooooooooo !! that is one stunning journal page !! Beautiful work on this and so very inspiring. I may just have to start yet another journal ... i seem to start them and not finish them lol
jay x

Anonymous said...

oh these pages are wonderful...and I too use art as a healing and therapy! it's the best thing ever...and I urge you to 'stay hooked' on them!

enjoy your time being nanna!
ciao bella
creative carmelina

Patti G. said...

I love your journaling pages, I love the feel,color, and expression you are able to release! I love that you are a blessing to those around you, as a Grammie, a friend, wife, daughter, Mom, etc. You shine like a star Marilyn!!!!!!!!!! Take care of those around you....and yourself!
xoxoxox
Hugs,Patti

Laura Haviland said...

Grandma Marilyn, how special.
Enjoy your special time with your little angel Sophia.
I can't tell you enough,how fabulous this new journal spread is, I love it... The colors,texture and images all work so fabulous together. What a winner this is art treasure is !!!
Your amazing dear friend.
Enjoy your lovely moments ahead.
Love ya, Hugs Laura. xoxx

Femmy said...

fantastic piece Marilyn!!! enjoy your time with Sophia!!
hugs femmy

ArtPropelled said...

I can't think of anything better than to just be with your dear granddaughter. Lovely journal pages, Marilyn.

Diane J. Evans said...

Gorgeous, Marilyn -- I understood the message of the journal even before you wrote about it -- your visual expression was "spot on"!!

Diane

Createology said...

Very true words you speak. Family and friends, creative art and our health is all important. You are wise to take time for yourself. Being a Grandma can be exhausting even while being very exhilarating.
Enjoy Sophia every moment...

Sanja said...

Awesome journal pages Marilyn.
Have a wonderful weekend
Sanja xox

angela recada said...

I love the attitude of the woman!

Enjoy your time with your little Sophia - you are both so lucky to have this special time together.
:0)
Make memories, and don't worry - we'll be here when you get back.

Love and hugs,
xoxoxo
Angela

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful journaling and such wise smart words! Enjoy your family time!

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous spread, Marilyn!
Enjoy your time with Sophia!

We'll miss your art but look forward to when you come back!

Take care and have FUN.

Gaby xo

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

hello young Grandma :-))When ever I come here I enjoy. I get enthusiastic about all your works.
Have a nice sunday,
hugs Anja