Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nellie is home!


What a reunion! Remember an earlier post regarding "Gertie the Garden Girl" and my posting how the inspiration came from parting, too quickly, with my VERY first rubber stamp set when I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?

Well; "Nellie the Nest Lady" and I have been reunited thanks to Marlynn of Honeysuckle Breeze!

There are times when we give ourselves gifts without even knowing it and blogging is one of those gifts I gave myself without even realizing where it would lead. It has lead to doors of blossoming friendships for which I am eternally grateful!

After my post, it didn't take too long, that I received word, from Marlynn, that she can arrange to get Nellie back to me! I was overwhelmed with joy and appreciation and I wanted to share this on my Blog.

Marlynn, so generously and thoughtfully, arranged to find Nellie, for me, and sent her, back to me, in this lovely box. I am sharing pictures, here, of Nellie the Nest Lady stamp set (Stampin' Up!) and the beautiful box that Nellie so deserves!

This stamp set is where I began my art journey! From my first demonstration with Nellie, it lead me to where I am now - in one of the happiest and joyous places in my life................learning, sharing, evolving, and, most importantly, the blossoming of new friendships and wonderful connections through Blogging!

Marlynn; I cannot thank you, enough, for reaching out and returning Nellie home to me.

I have linked Marlynn's Blog above; please visit her when you have time as you will not only be inspired by her beautiful artwork but also her words and sharing so much of herself with her faithful followers.

Thinking of you all with warm and loving thoughts!

Have a great week ahead; all be safe and peaceful within.

Love - Marilyn




20 comments:

Kimber said...

Yay! What a relief to have it back, huh? And in such a fun way - pretty cool!
I have got rid of a bunch of my rubber stamps but I do still have the very first one I bought - little did I know that day what I was getting into - ohhhhh! what fun!

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful story and happy ending Marilyn- sounds like you are busy and enjoying the summer!

sharon said...

This is so sweet!! Glad you are reunited, and stronger in a friendship also!!

Laura said...

I'm so glad that she is back with you again, Marilyn! :) I'll be anxious to see what you do with her.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Marlynn is a wonderful friend who I also met while blogging. I am so delighted that she reads your blog, too, and reunited with Nellie, while establishing an unbreakable bond with Marlynn. I call that a two-fer.

Buffy said...

Such a happy story! I'm happy for you.

~*~Patty S said...

Marlynn is a dear heart as are you and how fun for two special Marilyn's to connect in blogland ... btw you both keep me on my toes trying to spell your names correctly ;

Blogging is a beautiful bridge, isn't it, connecting us all over the globe to like minded caring and sharing people....it certainly IS a magical thing!
oxo

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post Marilyn. Sweet friends and a lovely story.

Carol Q said...

aw, people can be so kind Marilyn!

jgr said...

Very cool story about Nellie, and one more reason to LOVE blogging.

Annette Holleger said...

Every time I think of a stamp I'm searching for, or regretted moving out of my room, I'll call it Nellie. Glad you're reunited.

Femmy said...

so glad she's back home!!
can't wait to see what you are creating with here!
hugs femmy

fran pascazio said...

Home at last! What a delightful story.....I felt your pain!

Martina said...

What a wonderful story, Marilyn!
So sweet!

Elizabeth said...

I remember this set very well, now that I see it. It was one that I always wanted to purchse but never got around to!!! So wonderful that one of your blog friends was able to get this for you!!!! LOve this story- thanks so much fro sharing it with us!! Have a wonderful 4th with your wonderful family!!!

Butterfly Works said...

This is a perfect example of the good in people that does exist...I am so glad you have a happy ending to your regreat of loosing Nellie..
Can't wait to see what you do with her now that your work has progressed so far since first using her......
Happy creatiing

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn I loved you shared this with us. This is an awesome stampin up set, I can see why it got you started on a full success art journey. I cannot not tell you how much I enjoy sharing it with you. Your art work is always just so full of positive messages dear friend.
So thrilling and can just feel how excited you are with having Nellie home again.
What a lovely friend you have to make you smile so big !!
Enjoy ...
Love you lots,Hugs Laura.xoxx

Gaby Bee said...

What a lovely story! Now I'm curious to see what you are creating.
Enjoy the summer ;-)

Marlynn said...

Dearest Marilyn- There is no better place for Nellie than with you! How can I thank you for the beautitul Dream Angel you sent to me in exchange for the Nellie Girl. Hugs to you my dear dear friend. I'm happy I could help you reunite!

Patti G. said...

This is a darling story and I am so thrilled you got this sweet set back! I am tickled for Marlynn for sharing it back to you! Wheeeeeee!
So glad I caught this post, it made me SMILE! :0)
Hugs,Patti