Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Journal while you wait :)


Well; the Internet switch/transition went quite smoothly. We are now "FIOSed" :) The installation took awhile; about 4 and a half hours-yikes! But; it was successfully done and I am now serfing at the speed of sound :)

While I had time to chill here while the service man was working, I turned to my journal. I felt like taking a leap - a color leap! I'm finding I really enjoy adding some surreal colors to a face as well as using more vivid colors in the surrounding piece. This is a mix of mediums; oil pastels, graphite, acrylics, glitter paint (in eyes).

My actual journaling reflects my thoughts on how I'm always so afraid to go with color. It's fun to take a "leap" once in awhile; spices things up :)

Hope you and yours are all doing well and, again, thank you so much for your positive and supportive feedback. I truly couldn't take leaps without you!

Love to all; may you have peace in your heart and mind.......................Marilyn xxoo


25 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this color journaling rock.
So very impressive and feminin. Wonderful work again Marylin.

Janet Ghio said...

Love the use of color on the face!!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous, Marilyn! Love the colours.

~*~Patty S said...

making the color leap is brilliant and oh so wonderful M!!!

there is no turning back once you've been FIOSed heehee ENJOY!

This page is super!!!
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

and so is your blog header :)

Createology said...

I love how you leapt with color! This is a wonderful place to try the bold colors we normally wouldn't try. I really enjoy how you change out your banner from time to time. I tried it and the photo took the entire page. LOL
I admire your mixing so many mediums on one piece of art. Fabulous my dear!!! Happy creating...

Butterfly Works said...

Marilyn,
This girl has personality....love the way the green background just makes her pop....and the way you hid part of the butterfly...she's wonderful with all her color.....
You're incredible...

Lovey said...

Love the colors! And Fios? Wow good for you!
BTW
Thank you Marilyn for your prayers! I will tell Samuel too that he is receiving such wonderful birthday wishes!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

This is beautiful, I love the colours.

Dianne said...

Beautiful color... Lovely painting...

Kimber said...

Love, love, love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Love your lily and the butterfly on the shoulder, leap away, you might become a coloraholic after all. xox Corrine

Laura said...

WoW! The colors just pop! This is great, Marilyn! Love the way it turned out.

Diane J. Evans said...

Love the surreal colors -- what fun to take a leap of faith every now and then -- keeps us fresh, don't you think?

diane

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The first thing I noticed was the latest blog banner. You do that so well. The second thing I noticed was not just the face, but the awesome flower in the gal's hair. Enjoyed the color, but I've never thought of you as being colorless, anyway!

Glad the internet transition went well. And it gave you a chance to play and have a bit of colorful fun.

Rebecca Anthony said...

Marilyn you should leap more often as this is wonderful! The green shadowing around her eyes is stunning. Be free and take a leap of color more often, it's fabulous!!

Buffy said...

Well I'm glad you took that leap,she's beautiful and I love all the colors in her. The whole pages just flows.

Femmy said...

it's beautiful!!! love the colours you used!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
another beauty! I love the colors you use in your journal paintings. gorgeous! Always glad to hear your surfing more quickly...now if we can just get rid of the humidity and heat! Have a wonderful weekend and stay cool!

Janny said...

Gorgeous, love the colours! Great Blog header also;o)

Odd Chick said...

WOW! am I ever glad you decided to take that wonderful color leap. it made for an awesome and interesting face!

vintage wil said...

Gorgeous,Marlyn! beautiful colours!!

johanna said...

seems you can make these portraits with the greatest of ease meanwhile... they look so perfect! and i love these colors so much!
oxox, johanna

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love this face again. All your faces have an unique incredible specially mien. (I hope it's understandable articulate, sorry my school english is long ago.*g*)
Have a nice weekend,
hugs Anja

creativelenna said...

i love the color you used Marilyn, it almost vibrates but I love it!