
I hope everyone had a magical holiday and enjoyed the traditions of how you celebrate. Or; began some new traditions that you can look forward to.
It was a fine Christmas for me and my family; what a difference having Sophia in our lives. When my heart thought it couldn't hold any more, she came along and well - my heart is pretty full. :)
I think our hearts have little secret pockets in them for when we need more room to love :)
This photo is a picture of another mixed-media angel piece I did. It's on an 8 x 10 canvas and I call her the Angel of Friendship.
I will be spending some time catching up with your Blogs, this week, and also working on some more "recycled" art. I'm hooked on reworking some old canvases that I have here; it's really got me goin'! Gesso and tissue paper - get ready! :)
Looks like we're in for our first significant snow storm beginning this afternoon into tomorrow so I'll have some time to work on art!
Have a safe and happy week ahead everyone!
Love much - Marilyn xxoo
20 comments:
isn't it true marilyn...who knew you could love grandchildren so much?! what little joys they are. so glad you had a wonderful xmas. i'm looking forward to the new year to see where your art leads you! i always love coming by and seeing what you are up to!
Hi Marilyn,
Thank you for your comment, it's so exciting to have an article published. I hope you have a great and cozy time in your studio watching the storm. We had a white Christmas here (Georgia). First one in many many years.
I like your angel canvas--the buttons look great in the background.
GORGEOUS Angel piece, Marilyn!
Hi Marilyn,
I love your angel piece; so lovely.
I hope your holidays were wonderful; I also enjoyed my [only] grandchild. He is only 6months old and brings me a heartful of JOY! I hope you'll stop by my blog, and perhaps follow. I wish you the happiest New Year ever!
Pam
Whoops--I forgot you do follow my blog! Thanks Marilyn, I'm flattered! xo Hugs
Wonderful Angel of friendship. So grateful for yours.
The new banner is lovely, but it will look more snowy tomorrow. Snow is started here, probably there too!
Be careful digging out and stay safe and warm. xox Corrine
Beautiful angel piece Marilyn! Thanks for your nice comment on my recent blog! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Happy Holidays! :)
Oh wow what a lovely canvas.
Wonderful structures. I love it. Have a wonderful day.
Whata stunning piece Marilyn!!! I was thinking of all of my friends who have little people in their lives this year- How very specail for you!! I am sure that you took lots of pictures!! I love this piece- fabulous texture!! I bet that one of these for little Sophia is in your plans!!!!
my own little guys slept in till 9:30 and they opened their stockings and then we had a elisurely brunch and then set to slowly opening presents- what a change from when they were so little!! I miss it, tho back then I was wishing for a few more moments of sleep!!! Just goes to show that we must live each day as a gift and cherish each moment!!
Big Happy New Years Hugs to you dear friend!!!
This canvas is so fantastic, Marilyn!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and Wishing You an Amazing 2011. Thank you for your friendship and support this past year.
Hugs
MARTINA xxx
Love to you too Marilyn...sounds like you had a most wonderful Christmas. Little Sophia would have really enjoyed the festivities this year!
Beautiful Angel....
Jacky xox
Sweet wishes dear M and your canvas is fantastic...the bling crown and the gate are richly symbolic of the power of friendship and the true beauty of it...you captured that so well
Little ones add a beautiful layer to family gatherings...Enjoy Enjoy that precious girl of yours!
Here's to another fun year together here in the land of blog...I so appreciate you Marilyn ... along with your kind and inspiring ways!
fa la la
oxo
Dear Marilyn: I am loving your newest banner which looks like the perfect path to take us into 2011 as we complete 2010. Happy week ahead...
Gorgeous collage Marilyn - I love all of your texture!
Cindy :)
Thank you for this--she's beautiful!! And enjoy your snowfall--around here--we don't really enjoy it, since it pretty much starts in December and continues into the middle of March--we never see green until then :)
I like that "little pockets of love in our hearts". I had fun with my grandsons too,they make christmas more magical. Love your friend angel.
Once again I'm playing catch up on your blog, but wouldn't miss a single post on purpose. Your angel made me smile, as do all your posts. I love that you used corrugated cardboard for the clothing. I say it every time, but I swear it is brilliant the way you use the cardboard to your advantage. I hope your Christmas was awesome. Love that new blog banner photo.
What gorgeous pieces you have! I just stumbled across your site and have so enjoyed perusing your posts. Just lovely!
Wow this is soooo beautiful!!!
Post a Comment