This piece (11" x 14") canvas, is actually a "redo" of an old mixed-media piece I've had, here, that I never was quite happy with. I liked the background but never was happy with the painted figure so I wiped "her" out with gesso and started over using one of my more recent sketches. I photocopied the sketch, enlarged it and collaged it in this piece and painted over it. I'm much happier with this now.
There's something neat about recycling older pieces that we might have lying around. You know - taking another look to see how we can redo it to our liking. Gesso never seems to fail me :)
I'm wishing you all a safe and happy weekend ahead. Winter is kicking in, here, it's been very cold and windy and it appears we will be getting some snow Sunday into Monday. Funny; I really don't mind the winters although it's a long season. But, I still take my daily walks outside and find it refreshing as long as I'm bundled up. I just don't like the ice and I still recall that terrible ice storm we got a couple of years ago - not fun for anyone.
Let's hope for a "kind" winter this year :).
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
35 comments:
Love, love this background and your lady is a perfect match, Marilyn!
wonderful piece! so much fun to finish up those paintings lying around...i need to get inspired to do that too! thanks for sharing.
xo
You have created a new masterpiece here, it's a wonderful piece!
Beautiful !!! M
I do think you get added depth when redoing a piece...I can feel the Joy in this one
Ice is the worst, isn't it...snow I Love, but mostly from inside cozy and warm
Happy Weekend to you and yours!
oxo
love this piece Marilyn!!!
have a great weekend!!
What a great piece of work, love her dress;o) We have snow in Holland;o)
Wow wow wow wow wow this is so wonderful. Brilliant collage. Love it.
Have a lovely weekend my friend.
Lovely piece Marilyn!! Great work! :)
She is lovely and I think it is great that you have used older pieces to finish this into a beautiful piece of work.
ManonX
Don't you just love recycling? Making old things come to life again? This is a perfect example, Marilyn -- just lovely.
And remember -- if you don't like the weather in the Northeast, wait a minute . . .
Diane
oh soooo nice! Last night i was reading an article about not being afraid to just do a page because if you didn't like you could just REDO it! merry christmas
This painting really breathes peace - it´s just lovely!
beautiful!
As always you seem to turn everything into something wonderful. Love the background and this woman too. Reminding me I need to redo a few pieces too.
Hi, I an an educator, an exhibiting mixed media artist, and a writer. I take some of my time online browsing to find sites I like--I had to stop at your blog and sign up to follow! Your work has a great sense of playfulness, wonderful colorations and subject matter that draws the viewer in. I like that your text is instructive and directive; overall, I find your blog inspiring! I am becoming a follower and I hope you will look me up at www.rossini-malafronte.blogspot.com and do the same!! Please, leave me a comment too!
It always feels good when we redo and are happy with the end result whatever the creative endeavor....
I really like this piece......
Please stay warm; it's cold here in NC too......
I think we are headed for a cold winter, what do you think?
Have a great weekend....
I love your piece! The figure and the background awesome.
I recycle too.
Hugs
wonderful artwork! i personally don't like being cold! i think we're suppose to get a snow storm sunday night into monday, too. i guess winter is really here!
Her soft thoughtative expression is superb with the background. Gorgeous Marilyn!
This piece feels so Spring like to me and I love all the layers and happiness it exudes. xox Corrine
It feels so good to finish a piece thats just laying around. She came out gorgeous,love the background too.
Recycling, upcycling....certainly a beautiful canvas and I love the title.
Wishing you a joyous Christmas.
Jacky xox
Wow...this is so wonderful and beautiful!
This is a wonderful piece of art. How fun to rework something you weren't super pleased with. Enjoy your daily walks and be wary of ice. Happy Holly Jolly Joy...
Fantastic work Marilyn!
Have a nice time.
Hugs Alexandra
gorgeous background with the image Miss Marilyn! I think this piece is charming! Hope you are staying warm - we are getting *SNOW* today - lovely day to stay in and create! :)
Beautiful piece!!! and I love your background too!
Hugs
Oxana
What a great "recycling" art work. I love the colorful painting, outdoor it's at the moment only snow-white or dark and rainy, so your image warms my heart.
Simply amazing, Marilyn! You`re so talented!
Have a wonderful christmas season my friend.
Hugs
MARTINA xxx
It’s always a pleasure seeing what you are up to. This painting is beautiful, Marilyn!
Fantastic header and I have been enjoying looking at your previous posts! Love your style girl!
Happy December!
Gaby xo
Yes, it is a masterpiece! I love all the color and texture in the background, too.
This is such a beautiful piece Marilyn...so richly detailed and full of depth with layers...really incredible!
Stay warm!
this is terrific! i do that too...there are so many wanna be good paintings I have set aside here...and I eventually go back and play with them until I'm happy with the final outcome too!
I really think it's all part of the artistic process!
I'm going to zoom in and have fun looking at all of your details!
ciao bella
thanks so much for sharing this post!
Creative CArmelinA
Marvelous Marilyn,
I just love this delightful piece,fabulous. I love your painting,so powerful you are.
You share such positive inspiration,you shine so bright..
I just love you.Hugs Laura,xoxx
Happy Creating my dear friend, your such a treasure.Thanks for sharing.
I've apparently had my head down and in my studio, because I missed this beauty. It's always fun to get a totally new piece from reworked art. It shows how much you have grown when you do that, I think. And of course, all the layers provide a depth you don't get the first time around.
Post a Comment