
I'm beginning a new journal and this is the first page.
Feeling a bit ambitious, I found myself signing up for two online workshops. One is Martha Lever's Color-Drop Watercolor workshop through Creative Workshops. Fantastic!!!!! The second workshop is Christy Tomlinson's 3Hearts Journal. WOW!
I had to think of a way that I could combine these two projects into one journal and I think I'm accomplishing it. Martha's workshop is totally new stuff, for me, and she is guiding me, with her wonderfully warm and comfortable style, to become more friendly to watercolor. I've always struggled with the "control" issue of it and now I'm finding I give in to it and let it do what it's going to do and even drop in some more color!
Christy's workshop is jam-packed with video after video of journaling techniques; some of which I've been familiar with and this is helping me reunite with those techniques that I've been missing.
It's really all about play and just going with what we have, at hand, for the most part, creating what we are learning or re-learning, in our own way, and having fun!
It's so good to be back to posting! I've missed all of you and I hope Blogger issues are beginning to clear up for all.
Also - thanks to all who participated in my 500th post giveaway; I really appreciated the support. I've said it a hundred times or more - my wings are spreading further and further because of you! Thank you!
Hope you are having a good week so far!
Love - Marilyn xxoo
31 comments:
Love your journal page! What a great what to start a new journal.
Your classes sound great. I love to play with watercolor. I'm sure you'll have alot of fun with it!
Marilyn, I am so glad to be back in blogland; I have missed all your creativity......Love this new journal page and how adventuresome you are to take two classes at once......Great projects for the summer, uh?
Love this Marilyn! And Christy's new class--awesome. I have absolutely no time for it, but I am loving these videos she has --what a very sharing lady.
Great page Marilyn...I love the watercolory look! I think you are right, it is about learning new things and combining them, creating our own style. Your style is awesome!
I love your colorful journal page. Don't you just love Martha's class. I can get back to it in more detail now that I completed EDiM. Hug, and show more pages as you get them done!!! Sharon
Wonderful start to your journal, I love the colours!
this first page is reallybeautiful Marilyn!! great how you combined two classes in one!!
Thank you so much for information on the two e-courses you are taking. I must try to make time for one of these soon. I love the page you devised by using techniques from both of the classes. Wonderful.
This is such a pretty mixed media piece!
Beautiful journal page, Marilyn! Looking forward to seeing each new page :)
Gorgeous journal page Marilyn. Love it. Have fun in your new classes.
Oh tell me about blogger woes!!! I keep thinking its me, I know I am not that good when things go wrong with the computer. But, half the time lately I havent been able to leave comments, doing a post was taking me way tooo long.
Anyways enough of that. Love your new journal pages and the sound of those classes you are taking. Looking forward to seeing more in your new journal.
Jacky xox
Marilyn
FABULOUS!!
The jolts of colour are incredible.
I cannot wait to see your next creative page from your new Journal.
Amazing art.
Wishes
Lynne
This is beautiful, Marilyn! Sounds like a wonderful class. I love the "begin" for your start! xoxo Diane
gorgeous Marilyn seeing that front page every time you open your journal will make you want to do more! enjoy your workshops.
Stunning journal page, Marilyn!
Looks fantastic.
What a lovely way to begin a new journaling journey, Marilyn! Have fun with your classes. I can't wait 'til you share more pages!!! Hugs, Terri xoxox
Well it's lovely to see your new journal and there is never enough inspiration is there!
I agree about PLAY ... such an important thing in all parts of life
It will be fun to see your journal unfold...thanks for sharing M as always
oxo
Hey Marilyn!
Looks like the start of an amazing journal! I've been thinking a lot about journaling more lately. I'm so thrilled Misty still has our class site available! Thanks for visiting my little blog space. We our loving our little Lucy dog.
Sending hugs to you!
♥Jenny
Such a beautiful Beginning to a new journal. Very smart of you to combine both classes in one journal of excitement. Happy learning and putting your art to practice...
i like the creaminess to your new journal page. I'm taking Christie's class too! have a great weekend!
what a gorgeous page Miss Marilyn. Watercolors have also intrigued me, but I have never dabbled much with them. You make them come to life!
We have now had three days of bliss - 70 degree temps...and I have embraced every minute...wish summer could stay this way! :) Have a wonderful weekend m'dear!
I love your journal page...and Martha Lever rocks!
Have fun!
Ciao Bella!
CREATIVE CARMELINA
your *begin* page is so awesome and i´m curious for more... so good you have a great time with your classes!
Good luck on your new journey -- I know you'll make the most of it, and that you'll make beautiful art.
Diane
Love the unique look of your vibrant new page and how you combined pictures and colors.
Hugs Anja
Wow- how lucky to be taking two art classes at one time- and combining the skills and ideas into one new journal! What a gift. Great journal page! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting- it's so much appreciated! xo
I love how you are combining both classes and turned out this wonderful colorful page! Great start to your new journal! xoxo
What a great start for your journal. I love to draw birds. have been practicing. I once put a bird on my canvas and my niece said, "What's a fish doing in the flowers?" "Fish? That's a bird!" "Ohh...sorry." Patsy from
HeARTworks
I'm glad to read that you are enjoying your time with these new workshops. I've seen both of these mentioned on other blogs I visit, so I'm sure you will have fun with both.
Your journal is off to a beautiful start! I love it! The colors and layers are gorgeous! Have fun!
Post a Comment