Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to my journal......

This is a recent page in my journal. Drying time was a bit of an issue with this as the background is done with plaster gauze, spackle, Gesso, then acrylics. We've had such humid weather but the past couple of days have been gloriously cooler!


The heart the figure is holding is made out of corrugated cardboard using the plaster gauze and spackle, too. I added one of my French vocabulary card words.... le plaisir (pleasure) on the heart to symbolize what a pleasure it is, for me, to have my art journal to turn to.

Hope you all had a great weekend and are experiencing a good beginning to another week. I can't believe, in two weeks, it will be Labor Day weekend! Yikes!

My best to all of you! Love much - Marilyn

22 comments:

Unknown said...

This piece is so beautiful. The textures and design makes the art come alive. And the women you have painted is amazing. I really enjoy seeing all your pieces in your journal. Thank you for sharing.

Sandy said...

She is a Beauty.
So wonderful painting art again. I love it.

Caterina Giglio said...

the summer has been so very quick this year! your page is just lovely Marilyn!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

She is gorgeous! I just love the textures you create in your pieces...I can almost feel them through the computer screen. The heart is such a sweet touch too! Hope it has been staying cool there also (been heavenly the past week almost here!)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad your weather has broken. Ours has not, as we are headed for another 100 plus day. I really MUST find some of that plaster gauze because I want to try this technique. Your painting is superb. The texture of the gauze and that cardboard, along with your drawing make the piece very, very special.

~*~Patty S said...

and what a pleasure your art journal is to all of us too dear M!

each creation is such a delight

change is definitely in the air...
windows open for a bit and the urge for something hot in the morning hasn't happened in a while!

oxo

Janet Ghio said...

plaster gauze-how interesting--we used to live in an old house and would patch the cracks in the wall with plaster gauze--never thought of using it as a texture in a journal.

Buffy said...

She's so beautiful and I love the texture in this one!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

My copy of Somerset arrived in the post today. So proud to see your work included.; It looks amazing and lovely that they included a close up photograph.
Another wonderful piece of art you are sharing. Textures are quite amazing.
Wishes
Lynne

sharon said...

This is so simply beautiful Marilyn! I love the warmth and softness it evokes....really gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Really fantastic texture here Marilyn. Plaster gauze is so much fun even if a bit messy. Your usual lovely women....xox Corrine

Martina said...

She`s is delightful, Marilyn!
Fantastic painting. I love it.

johanna said...

i so love your journaling!

Numinosity said...

What a sweet and graceful page, those pink flowers highlight her so nicely. No mistaking your style!
xoxo Kim

Jan Hennings said...

OH MY! You do such a beautiful job with your journals!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn, so lovely to hear from you and thank you for your beautiful comment.
I've just noticed you live in New York. I've been there for a day trip from New Jersey.
Nanci Danison (Vids on youtube) Near death experiencer saw New Yor go under water 2013/14. I don't wish to scare you. Is there any chance you could move away for these years?
There are other places affected in USA. East coast and Missippi. A couple other places. Her book is called 'Backwards' Japan is going to dissapear under water too.
I hope none of this really happens, but wanted to share with you. I don't wish to frighten you either or upset you. Bless you so much.
Julie

Healing Woman said...

She looks as though she is saying goodbye to summer. She is soft and romantic looking as well. Beautiful.

Diane said...

Always beautiful journaling here Marilyn--always!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing painting art work, I love it!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely Page Ms Marilyn!! Yet again , You inspire!!!!

Alexandra said...

Wonderful work Marilyn. I love your pages :)
Hugs Alexandra

Laura Haviland said...

Truly awesome Angel friend Marilyn,
I love her and you.
Always such a thrill visiting you.
Love to you,Smiles Laura. xoxx
Where has the summer gone, I hope yours was lovely. Mine was a busy one and I have missed you. I will be in touch more,thank goodness.
Best very creative wishes to wonderuful you.