This is a recent journal page I worked on trying to come to grips with my fears after hearing predictions about Hurricane Irene.
I have never been much of a summer person for a couple of reasons; the heat is the main reason and I do not do well through summer storms; maybe it's a carry over from a scary experience I had a long time ago. But; it was an unforgettable one.
Now; Irene is the "mother lode" to me and so many people are in its path of destruction which is very disturbing to me. It's a very big storm and the East Coast is bracing for it or trying to anyway.
We will get the effects of Irene on Sunday and I need to come to terms with my fears. We will get deluged with rain and damaging winds; that is what is predicted.
This all just leaves me feeling very vulnerable and ill-at-ease; maybe we all have fears that we are not ready to face yet.
Today is a lovely day, here, and I will try, my best, to focus on the now. Maybe that is the message along the way through this journey, or should I say "journal" of life - live for the now!
It felt good to release some of my feelings on a journal page in my way.
I will pray and keep positive thoughts for all who already have and will be effected by Hurricane Irene. This has been quite a year for natural disasters and I say enough is enough!
All be safe this weekend!
Much love - Marilyn
29 comments:
Extraordinary.
Love the touch of red. Incredible work. Love it.
Have a lovely weekend Marilyn.
This is a wonderful work of art. Sometimes great work emerges from our emotions, like fear. Beautifully done.
WOW! You are so gifted and your art is always amazing!
I am sorry your feeling so bad...I usually love summer storms but I, too, am a little concerned over this one.....Irene.....hopefully it will not be as bad as predicted...get your flashlights out and your paints ready to do some journaling in the dark - just in case! This page is great! Maybe that door will not have to be opened.
Beautiful work, Marilyn!
I don't like big thunder and mostly lightening, I can so relate to how you feel. Maybe it's the something larger than us phenom. Wonderful page, thanks for sharing your vulnerability with us. xox Corrine
This is a lovely page... I've been through several hurricanes and they are very scary, but I've survived each one feeling grateful and stronger than I was before... You will too...
beautiful page Marilyn even though it deals with a difficult subject. lets hope Irene goes off in another. will be thinking of you.
You're not alone Marilyn,I think there was about three other blogs that I visited and they were all preparing too. I went through hurricane charley,and yes it was scary,the only thing that got me through it was praying,I started to panic when I heard things hitting my house. You will get through it, saying prayers for you! Oh and your art is beautiful and meaningful! Can't forget about the art lol.
You are in my thoughts as you prepare for this terrible storm in your path. Since you have just gotten over the earthquake, this is the icing that certainly allies all your fears. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, rather than one filled with dread and deluge. Stay safe, dear friend.
Be safe. Beautiful piece even if it was created from such emotion.
so good we can express all our emotions through art, even the negative ones... i´m praying you will be safe...
Your piece is beautiful. I hope that this storm does not live up to the expectations and I will keep you and all those that are in the storm's path in my prayers. Emotions can be hard sometimes to deal with but what you have created is amasing that I hope it brings some comfort to you. Take Care.
Marilyn, you along with other American friends have been in my mind as I watch news reports warning that East coast could be badly hit.
A wonderful idea to use a Journal page to release your fears onto paper. I sure hope it helped you come to terms with fears. Once again you have displayed bravery in dealing with your fears and emotions and then sharing with us.
Wishes and Take Care
Lynne
Good luck with the storm-I'm posting this on Saturday--looks like it's not going to be quite as bad as first predicted!
Excellent artwork, dear Marilyn !
Ohhh, Marilyn! What a beautiful page! That being said . . . we're about 40 minutes from NYC and are they're saying that we're going to get hit with Cat1 winds. We've battened down the hatches as best we can, but I'm very anxious and scared. Mostly about the trees surrounding my house. We've done what we can, but the rest is in God's hands. Thank you for the prayers. They're truly appreciated!
BTW - Thank you for your blog visit and lovely comments. Lots of good luck in my giveaway drawing too! Hope you a beautiful weekend! ♥ Hugs, Terri xoxo
This piece says it all! Terrific.
looking out and being open to hope that all will be well...lovely page M!
Hoping your area is spared a hammering and that you and yours are out of harm's way
thank you again for sending the grilled tins...you are so thoughtful and generous!
take care!
oxo
beautiful page marilynn!! Hope you don't have too much troubles with 'Irene".
Hope all is well Marilyn! My son lives in NYC--it's a bit scary to say the least!
I'm glad that your meaningful art is helping you--it's beautiful.
P.S. Saw Misty's article in Somerset--awesome! You must be so happy--congratulations again!
Hope you came through the storm just fine, Marilyn -- your expression through the journal piece was lovely!
Diane
I hope all is well and you are less stressed now that Irene has left the area.
The red is amazing! What gorgeous pieces you always create. One day I hope to meet you and take a class! :)
Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com
Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com
Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com
Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com
World's Most Popular Amazing Cars.
TopAmazingCars.blogspot.com
Post a Comment