Saturday, August 20, 2011

Somerset Studio Inclusion :)


Misty Mawn offered a wonderful online class a few months back called Stretching Within. I was one of her students and I found the class to be challenging, refreshing, amazing, and so enjoyable. I would take another in a heart beat. I learned so much.

I came home, yesterday, to a recent issue of Somerset Studio (Sept./Oct) and any time I receive my subscription issue, I have to open it up right away and scan what inspirational articles and techniques are in it.

What to my surprise was an article written by Misty regarding her online class offering. Included in the article, were students' works including mine! (shown here). I was honored to be among such talented and creative people for this article. Thank you Misty!

I also want to mention, for those of you who follow Cathy Bueti's Blog, she has an amazing article in this issue as well. Congrats Cathy! It was a pleasure to be in your company! :)

Hope you all are having a good weekend and your weather is peaceful and bright. Ours has turned really beautiful, the past few days, and we haven't had to turn on the a/c in awhile! Life is good!

Much love always......................Marilyn xxoo


30 comments:

Cathy Bueti said...

Oh my Marilyn!! Great to see pics of the article!!! Your work is beautiful!! Love the cover of this issue! Looks like I am in good company! :)

THanks for the shout out in this post! I cannot wait to see this issue!

xo

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your work is so amazing and I love your creativeness. I will have to get the issue to see more. Maybe when things slow down for me I would like to try an online class. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Marilyn, I seriously cannot wait to get my copy of Somerset. It is a publication I always await with excitement but to know a friend is published makes it even more wonderful. You deserve this so much. Big time congratulations to you.
Wishes
Lynne

Sandy said...

Wow what for great news.
I love your work Marilyn. Congratulations to this article.

Happy weekend.

jgr said...

Big congrats to you Marilyn!! Your piece is beautiful too, I can't wait to get the magazine and see it up close. I'm going to Cathy's blog now.

Carol Q said...

what a wonderful surprise for you Marilyn. congrats. lovely to see your work in print.

~*~Patty S said...

I would say that was one wonderful (and very well deserved) surprise dear M!

Misty Mawn is a fabulous teacher in person...I've never taken any online classes from her...it is such a joy just watching her create and so inspiring!

BIG Congrats on having your artwork published again...I will "need" to get me a copy of Somerset now :)

Happy rest of the weekend to you!
oxo

Elizabeth said...

WHOOO HOOO to you!! your colors and work is so wonderful I am not at all surprised that Misty chose your work for an example!!! I must find this issue! we have no books stores in the area anymore- can you believe it- So I don't know where to buy my mags!!:(
Big Hugs!I WILL persevere!!!

angela recada said...

Congratulations! Your work is gorgeous, as usual! Happy weekend to you, too.
xo

roc said...

i saw it marilyn! wonderful job! i'm so proud of you!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh congrats to you sweet Marilyn! I love the piece they shared! Thanks for sharing with us - I will have to look for this issue! :)

Lisa said...

that's great, Marilyn, congratulations! I will have to look for that issue!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Congratulations! That is sooooo exciting. You do wonderful work and it is great to see you receive recongniton for it....well deserved! Since Borders has gone out of business, it is a challenge to find Somerset publications at a news stand....I may have to look into a subscription!!! It is, also, good to hear recommendation for on line classes. I'm enjoying the Traci Bautista classes right now.

Yvonne said...

Congrats, Marilyn! Fabulous work!!

Martina said...

This looks great and you really deserve it, dear Marilyn! Congratulations!

HeARTworks said...

What a wonderful surprise for you! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Buffy said...

Congratulations! Your art is so beautiful,can't wait to read the article. How exciting!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey there lucky gal. You are a great artist and deserve the credit. For awhile, I thought YOU had been published again. It's a good thing I read every word people write! At least you caught the eye of the teacher. Can I call you teacher's pet? Or one of them?

Thanks for always stopping by, whether I'm on hiatus or not. You are always so thoughtful and you know I'll catch up eventually. Have a great rest of the weekend. Nearly a full day, in fact!

Debbie K. said...

Great job, Marilyn and congrats for being published! I'll have to look for the copy at the bookstore. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Marlynn said...

CONGRATS, big time, girlfriend. How exciting and even more so by being so unexpected!

Jan Hennings said...

Congrats and love the Stampington publications :)

Diane said...

Congratulations Marilyn!! I got this issue on Friday, and I saw Cathy's, but I didn't get a chance to even see Misty's yet--but if I would have known...
I'm going to check it out right away--how wonderful this is and well deserved!

Createology said...

Congratulations Marilyn. I will definitely read this issue to see your work and Cathy's as I do follow her art. May you have a truly creative week of joy...

Gaby Bee said...

What a wonderful surprise for you.
Congratulations on being published again, Marilyn! You so deserve it my friend! I'm really happy for you.

Have a lovely week!
Big hugs,
Gaby

sharon said...

This is fantastic Marilyn! Your work is so incredible, and I am so happy to see you included it this article! A hugs congrat's.!

fran pascazio said...

I am so glad you received such a wonderful surprise!!! I so excited for you ... I can't wait to get a copy of this publication!!! The pictures on your blog look great, I am sure in person they are amazing....you'll have to let me see!!!!!

johanna said...

oh, congrats!! i hope the issue will make it over the ocean soon! can´t wait to hold it in my hands...

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!!!! Have to go pick it up and see this. Congrats....Looks another lovely piece coming from your studio. xox Corrine

Kerri Jean said...

ooooh. congrats. and I just started subscribing to somerset again and this issue just arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Haven't even cracked the cover yet!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

This is AWEsome news, Marilyn!!! Good for YOU!!! ♥ Hugs, Terri xoxo