
A friend's birthday is coming up soon so I thought I'd work on a little art gift for her. I collect antique apothecary bottles for my home as well as my art. This picture is of an altered bottle. I dripped alcohol inks inside, had to use a skewer with some felt pieces to get good coverage, added a transparency inside. That was tricky but I found if I rolled it up tightly then pushed through the bottle, the transparency actually burst open inside the bottle. I didn't have to do much manuevering of it either :)
I then dripped some beeswax over the bottle, added wire, beads, fringed beads, charms and fibers. I cut up a cork and etched some design elements on a piece of metal tape, wrapped that around the cork, dabbed on some alcohol inks and added some rhinestone embellishments.
This isn't the clearest picture but it's so darned hard to take a picture of glass. Oh well; I hope this gives you an idea anyway. It was fun working on it :)
3 comments:
This is beautiful, Marilyn! I love the beading and fibers! Laura J
Beautiful.
Wow Marilyn... Where do you come up with these ideas.. this is glorious...
Post a Comment